re funds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re funds

i recently sold a pistol .i tested the mags no leaks ,gun worked .sent it and got reply gun dont work mags leak .so gladly offer refund .am i right to tell him will send refund as soon as i get my pistol back ..only i have paid a refund before i got my itam back .and never seen it since ,saying they posted it and they lost proof of postage

PS.if he has messed with it in any way . do i reduce payment for repares

Re: re funds

Hiya,

Dont give a refund before receiving the pistol back. In the same way you wouldnt have sent it before receiving a payment! Besides which, It sounds like youve been bitten like that before...Learn from experience lol, sadly not everyone is honest.

Personally i wouldnt refund until Ive had it back and checked it to make sure its in the same condition as it was when I posted it out.

The old 'lost in the post ploy' is the oldest in the book..You probably do anyway, but if you send anything, I'd suggest you post it recorded delivery at the least..it only cost an extra 70p or so and will need a signature, so it cant just 'disappear' Plus the buyer can see its been sent via a tracking number. Peace of mind all round
    Originally posted by rockinrobin
    52 asterisks! Is that a forum record for one post?

Comment

Definitely have the item back before issuing any funds.

To be honest, if I'd tested something (and packed it correctly) I'd be very suspicious of somebody claiming it was now all leaky. I'd also only refund if it was returned and I could confirm the leak.

Comment

do not issue a full refund until you get the pistol back and have checked it. Sounds to me like he's opened it up and not looked after the mags. Check if it is him using it wrong or broken something. If he has broke it upon receipt then you refund minus the costs to fix and parts etc.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

thanks for the quick reply lads .at least i am not the only one who thinks the same

Comment

All I can say is if there is no proof of postage it's as good as not posting at all that is why I always ask for a receipt and keep it until the I know the item is received. I guess if you don't receive your pistol after 15 working days ( RM doesn't consider goods lost before 15 working days) then I would get my money back completely and let the buyer arrange for compensation as he is the one who engaged transaction w/ Royal Mail.

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bigdogs Find out more about bigdogs
            Working...
            X