X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot seeking help

Hi all,

And forgive me if this a question constantly asked here.

Essentially I'm looking to get hold of a few Glock type pistols for nothing more than target shooting. I'm not fussy about what colour they have to be as I don't have a UKARA certificate, and quite like bright colours.

What I am after though is that they're CO2 compatible, it's easier for me as they'd be the same as all my other stuff. Models I'm looking for would be clones of the 17, 33 and 34.

Could anyone advise me what the most suitable manufacturer would be?

Thanks for reading.

Re: Idiot seeking help

WE make CO2 Glocks, with a wide variation of models (I think yours are covered), they look pretty hanging on a wall and will perform fine for back yard plinking.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

probably more expensive but ra-tech make a glock co2 mag for the kwa/ksc series, so basically get the mag,and you can use any kwa/ksc glock that it will fit in (depending on pistol grip length)
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

What exactly is this UKARA certificate thing you speak of? Is it the same thing as the UKARA license that people speak of in hushed corners because I can tell you simply, NO SUCH THING EXISTS!!!

If you want to buy a realistic imitation firearm of any variety you must either:

A) Be a regular Airsoft player at a site with third party liability insurance

B) Be a member of a regcognised ReEnactment group

C) Be in Television/Film/Theatre production and can prove you require the gun for production purposes

D) Be a museum and can prove it.

There is no mention of UKARA anywhere in the law, there is no mention of a license or certificate in the law and if I have my way there never will be.

Comment

Also, UKARA is not a certificate

EDIT:
          Beat me to it
          For Sale
          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Get a TM/HKP3 Glock then APS C02 mags as WE C02 mags are dire.

Comment

Don't forget Crown Servants, but they need a legitimate reason to purchase a RIF (such as a letter from a CO requesting it for training or whatever, but good luck getting that).

In fact, I'm trying to think of a valid reason a Crown Servant would get a RIF...
              "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
              Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Getting off topic...

I'd agree with the WE - Get a gen 4 glock 17 and it'll be a good bit of kit!

You can get CO2 mags but also green gas ones should you ever want/need any!

Comment

Originally posted by spaceyman1982 View Post
                  What exactly is this UKARA certificate thing you speak of?
                  Originally posted by Vex View Post
                  Also, UKARA is not a certificate

Technically it is

certificate
                  noun
                  an official document attesting a fact, in particular:
                  synonyms: guarantee, proof, certification, document, authorization, authentication, verification, credentials, accreditation, testimonial, warrant, licence, voucher, diploma

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                    Technically it is

certificate
                    noun
                    synonyms: guarantee, proof, certification, document, authorization, authentication, verification, credentials, accreditation, testimonial, warrant, licence, voucher, diploma
                    See!

Seriously though thanks all for the replies, I realise it may be a bit exasperating when outsiders like myself go on about UKARA etc, but it's not something I'm up to speed with. I will however from now on bear in mind the old adage of 'when in Rome' etc.

Get a TM/HKP3 Glock then APS C02 mags as WE C02 mags are dire

I don't understand sorry Hitman number 2, I take it TM is Tokyo Marui but can you tell me who APS are please, it sounds like a good option.

As does the ra tech option for the KWC, that said though price and ease of availability seems to point me toward the WE pistols, also this prety much sums up what I'm after;

WE make CO2 Glocks, with a wide variation of models (I think yours are covered), they look pretty hanging on a wall and will perform fine for back yard plinking.

Thanks again folks for the replies.

Comment

I wouldn't put C02 anywhere near a TM, i blew the slide off mine within 5 shots using only propane.

I doubt you would be happy with a TM anyway, they have some of the worst plastic in the sport and they are plastic. Someone will be along shortly to tell you TM am bestest blah blah.

Seriously look at the WE stuff for what you want.

Comment

I doubt you would be happy with a TM anyway, they have some of the worst plastic in the sport and they are plastic. Someone will be along shortly to tell you TM am bestest blah blah.

Seriously look at the WE stuff for what you want.
                        Ahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahha. Sorry just had to get that out there. TM have bad platic? Yeah, erm, no they have some of the best in any model after the Hi-Capas and P226 era (so all bar the old M9, maybe the P226 and at a push the Glock 17).

However given that you want CO2 then APS magazines (they are just called APS, don't know what it stands for) and a WE would be the best cheap option. Failing that as others have said a KWA and RA-Tech is an option but I would not trust either the WE or the KWA to last if you are using it on CO2 in the height of summer, but winter should be fine.

There is always the expensive metal slide on a TM with all the parts option but for one of them you could probably buy 2-3 other Glocks and if one breaks keep it for parts. Plus two-toning a fully kitted TM Glock 17 won't get you many friends :p.

'FireKnife'
                        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

If you want to do garden plinking, perhaps Airsoft is not for you? Perhaps you'd be best getting an air pistol that fires .177 metal balls. Much better than an airsoft gun for plinking, way better range. Consider the Umarex SA177 or perhaps the Gamo Auto 45. I think the latter is non-blowback but the benefits are that UKARA or any nonsense defence isn't required as it's an air pistol and thus not a replica imitation firearm even tho it is a replica of a Glock... This is not the thread for that digression but it's my biggest bug RE the whole RIF thing.

Comment

Technically it is

certificate
                            noun
                            Utter rubbish, it is a form, not a certificate.

Comment

WE CO2 mags are actually amazing if you change the screw cap to the RA-TECH one, the stock screw cap for the CO2 capsules is made from butter.

The ra tech mags leak like crazy i bought 3 and they all broke and or leak

i now own 4 CO2 WE mags and not a single leak or mishap apart from the screws which i have now replaced
                              Last edited by MrEMan; 4 March, 2014, 12:16.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ben 36 Find out more about Ben 36
                              Working...
                              X