Has anyone used a DYTAC ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used a DYTAC ?

As the title states , has anyone used a DYTAC m4 preferably the combat series ? As I may buy one .
    Thanks

Sam

Re: Has anyone used a DYTAC ?

Depends which one your on about and what you would be using it for, with most sites having a 350 fps limit on AEGs and the DyTac Combat Series M4A1 has around 400 fps.
    Anyway, I think its a good gun. Heres a good review to consider: (link removed)
    Last edited by bob86; 4 March, 2014, 18:34.

Comment

Originally posted by EddMaleyAirsoft View Post
      DyTac Combat Series M4A1 has around 400 fps.
      Cue someone talking out of their backside.

I have owned a few Dytac's not had any higher than 340 fps from new. Trick is, you buy from UK retailers, not Asia. After import taxes etc, buying from the UK on these is still cheaper than Asia.

Dytac's are good, solid performer's. High rate of fire and will chug happily along indefinitely on 11.1v LiPo's out of the box. If you do use an 11.1, you can forget midcaps if you like using auto.
      Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

I heard they are based around G&P gearboxes. This is what a tech at my local was saying anyway.

Comment

I had one, came with a JG Gearbox, and some crappy generic ferrus motor.
          sigpic
          View iTrader Rating Here
          Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
            I heard they are based around G&P gearboxes. This is what a tech at my local was saying anyway.
            Not from what I've seen. However they could well be dytac externals with any internals they can lay their hands on. I'd say more on the lines of JG/CYMA quality

Comment

So basically bomb proof.
              Uksf loadout

TM 417 recoil.
              Custom built L119A1
              WE P228

Comment

For the price you can't go far wrong. Even cheaper gearboxes these days can be made far much better with just some decent grease, a file for the pistons teeth to fix premature engagement, and a sorbo pad/pads to fix angle of engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                  A lot of Dytac's parts are OEM'd by G&P.

Comment

Their receivers are the same certainly, however.dytac receivers are a fair bit cheaper!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I am after the combat series version. But thanks so much for the help

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the help all , if they are close to g&p internals for the £200-250 price range i am happy
                      Last edited by Fizzy; 5 March, 2014, 15:17. Reason: Retailer removed

Comment

I've got the CQB RAS II. Decent rate of fire on a 7.4 lipo. As to 11.1 according to the major seller of them in the UK they can run an 11.1 but it will shorten gearbox life and increase the risk of something going wrong.
                        I rang them to inquire about just this question.
                        The externals are very nice and it is rock solid in your hands with zero wobble anywhere.
                        I imported mine for less than £200 inc import duty so they ARE cheaper abroad if you look.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
                          If you do use an 11.1, you can forget midcaps if you like using auto.
                          Will they last less time than an excitable 14 year old with Scarlet Johansson?
                          Upcoming Games:
                          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
                            Will they last less time than an excitable 14 year old with Scarlet Johansson?
                            3 second trigger pull would empty a KA Midcap :D
                            Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

I would question that G&P have involvement with their gearboxes since they are so different, and the general quality of casting (especially the shell) make jing gong look Gucci.
                              11.1v operation is only made semi reliable by the fact that the stock motor is wound for torque and is consequently much slower than the majority of other "balanced" stock motors. Even with this said, there are still many cases that i have seen where they have failed very early into the warranty.
                              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sam000 Find out more about sam000
                              Working...
                              X