Collapse

AAC Honey Badger airsoft inspiration ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Honey Badger airsoft inspiration ??

I never found interested in AR style rifles but the "Honey Badger" is sexy enough to hook up my interest on this gun and the info about this rifle is so limited.
    It looks like a AR style with loads of custom parts

Anyone has any inspiration about customizing?
    The most possible gun to start if with seems like a 416c or an ICS concept rifle.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by shaun_ccxr; 26 March, 2014, 18:35. Reason: Wrong
    There is nothing call enough...

Re: AAC Honey Badger airsoft inspiration ??

youd need the stock from the new gas 416 CQB with a kydex shroud around it by the looks of it, add on one of the new modular rails from madbull with a standard m4 body with an MOE pistol grip and an integral supresser and ud be good to go

Comment

So these are all external para but which Aeg should I start off with?
      A G&P m4?

Comment

VFC Stinger would get you a bit of the way there

Comment

The ics cxp will be good but the only drawback is they don't fit other bodies

Comment

The dytac combat series urx4 is a good place to start the stock will need to be changed but that's about it

Comment

any m4 with a 9" urx would be good

Comment

Does all m4 style fits various bodies such as G&P, magpul, madbull etc apart from the ics split gearbox one?

Comment

I plan on building one of these but hat collapsing stocks do think in going to put a battle axe stock on it and I'm goingn to build it from absolutely nothing that way I can have custom body rail stock

But each has there own

Comment

I have just built this. It needs a few tweaks, different stock and grip but the idea is there.

Although it is the loudest suppressed gun ever. image.jpg

image.jpg
                    My biggest fear is that if I die, my mrs will sell of my airsoft kit for what I told her I paid!

WANTED:- WE Hicapa and 1911 parts. PM me if you have anything to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by shaun_ccxr View Post
                      Does all m4 style fits various bodies such as G&P, magpul, madbull etc apart from the ics split gearbox one?
                      Ics use a different barrel nut to other brands like g&p and kwa, from personal experience I would recommend you build from a g&p as mine gives shining results (except for the time I took it appart and screwed it up ) and their externals are superb.

Comment

wheres the forward assist button on that gun...it is really nice i have to say

i also really like this one by LWRC, but i think your stock is nicer,especially with the sliding rails

Last edited by sparrowhawk; 27 March, 2014, 10:25.
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

This has been done to death...

Originally posted by PureSilver
                          I think you need to resign yourself to one of three possibilities here:
                          1. You're going to spend an incalculable amount of money and time on this project to have parts custom-made from aluminium. Or;
                          2. You're going to spend an incalculable amount of time trying to make off-the-shelf parts look like custom-made parts using epoxy and filler. Or;
                          3. You're going to end up with a gun that doesn't look much like a Honey Badger.

The sad fact is the reason there have been so many rubbish 'Honey Badger' builds is that it is impossible to make something that looks even remotely like the Honey Badger using off-the-shelf parts. As you no doubt have noticed, the RS Honey Badger has a unique pair of receivers, a unique stock, a unique rail system, and is chambered in .300 BLK with a unique barrel - so literally none of the parts that give it its distinctive appearance are available off-the-shelf for RS or airsoft shooters. You need to decide whether building an integrally suppressed SBR and painting it gold and silver is good enough, or if you're willing to break out the metal putty and do it properly.

Personally, I think that with sufficient time and metal putty you could easily create a convincing replica of the Honey Badger's receivers - the flared magazine well and trigger guard will involve adding, sculpting and sanding putty; nothing too complex. An existing rail system could easily be adapted with putty to resemble the Honey Badger's. The stock will present the toughest challenge. At a guess it will require working with aluminium extrusions and more putty to form the external shape and buttpad, but the bar-stock rails and locking mechanism will require a lot of work with a file. I reckon you'd need to put north of 100 hours into this to get it looking even approximately right. On the plus side, metal putty, aluminium offcuts and sandpaper are very cheap - on the downside, your time may be limited. But for the first non-sucky Honey Badger? It might be worth it.

Comment

suppose this should go into the "guns id like to see made" section instead
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

ok, so I have a couple of custom guns, both are ICS, one looks sort of Honey badgerish and I threw that together and the other one is a total custom integrally suppressed AR that to a butt ton of work! Just so you know what your getting into.

also found these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wClkQNGaWag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KnjkPw3xk
                              I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shaun_ccxr Find out more about shaun_ccxr
                              Working...
                              X