Best weight BB for accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best weight BB for accuracy

Firstly if there's been a thread like this before sorry, but i can't be arsed to search because it never comes up with anything everytime i do!!

What weight BB's do people use for consistant accuracy?
    Im looking at Z1 .36G for my L96, wondering if it's a good idea and will it be a big benefit over .20g and .25g....opinions and suggestions please
    RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Re: Best weight BB for accuracy

Use .36 teflons in my L96, people know when they have been hit by them that's for sure. Think with a lower end sniper like the Well anything that helps accuracy is a bonus so yeah .36's all the way for me.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

As heavy as possible.

From what I've heard, Z1 BB's are a bit sketchy.

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38311

try this, it nots specific to what your asking, but some of the replies within it may help.

since i dont own, nor have i ever shot an airsoft sniper, i cant really comment. but i have heard most people recommending .36g and up for sniping, since the wind will affect them less allowing for greater accuracy.

Comment

If you are using heavyweight BB's in a sniper rifle i would possibly suggest madbull .43g's.

Heavier bb's are more accurate in sniper rifles but cost more, they are more accurate due to the fact they aren't affected as much by wind etc and if your rifle is powerful enough (i.e. over 450fps on .2's) can even go through leaves etc at times. Try different makes and weights in your rifle to find what is best suited to you accuracy/weight wise and price wise. Each rifle has different FPS so it can make a difference what weight you use, some will travel fine, others will drop too soon or mess up your hop rubber.

Its really down to personal choice and also how upgraded your rifle is. If it is a stock Warrior L96 I would personally say stick with .30g maybe a bit heavier

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

ye it is stock at the mo, not sure what i need to upgrade, but thanks for replies ill grab a bag of .36g and .4 sumthing, give a few ago if there no good pass them to the AEG's
            RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Comment

Just bear in mind you will lose range with them in a 350fps AEG and they will hurt up close :P

Comment

Agreed, you'll lost a lot of velocity, but use heavy - ie, 0.30g + bb's in a sniper rifle.

For AEG's, you can't go wrong with 0.25's and 0.28's.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

450FPS(apparently) with .23g,
                  425FPS(apparently) with .25g,
                  so .36g should bring me down to around 375FPS or so..... but a straighter line lol which is better than 450FPS not going anywhere!

Comment

36's will be fine as I say its a nice trade off. As I say mind you if you decide to dump them in your aeg
                    give a few ago if there no good pass them to the AEG's
                    you will lose a fair bit of velocity.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Green-Giant 21, box packer Find out more about Green-Giant
                    Working...
                    X