Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Someone recommend me the nicest MP5 optic (claw mount)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone recommend me the nicest MP5 optic (claw mount)

Hi guys,

So without providing any direct retailer links, I am looking for inspiration for a nice optic for my MP5. It must be claw mounted rather than RIS, purely out of personal preference and the desire for it to look as 'built for purpose' as possible.

I really like the look of the NCStar Red Dot but I would like to know if there is anything nicer out there?

Let me know your opinions folks.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Re: Someone recommend me the nicest MP5 optic (claw mount)

Do the WE MP5s take Airsoft spec claw rails and optics?

Comment

I bought a cheapo high mount with a claw attachment and have not had any compatibility issues.

Comment

Surprised this isn't getting more discussion?

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.

Comment

As far as I know that's the only claw mounted optic. You'd have to get the claw ris for other options

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            As far as I know that's the only claw mounted optic. You'd have to get the claw ris for other options
            That's why it's not getting more discussion...lol

Comment

Hm, what kind of sights were about before RIS was the big thing then?

Comment

None. MP5s are about bursting into a room and instinctive shooting. That's how I roll with mine and how they did back in the day. If you want it to look the part, leave it blank!

Comment

As stated, there are few claw mount optics, and the claw ris will give more flexibility and mucho cheapness on the optics you can fit. I ran one with a Eotec and a 1-3x scope depending on where I was playing

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you can get a real scorpion red dot to fit.

sent from my phone so spelling and stuff may be bad because I am lazy and autocorrect sucks.

Comment

Maglite!
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Limiting your options a lot by sticking to the claw mount but there is the Hendsolt ZF MP 4x scope which was used back in the day.

Going for RIS mount options opens you up to Aimpoints, Eotechs and Aimpoint Micros, all of which look rather badass and are much more practical than the small, very low mounted claw red dot out there.

Comment

That looks badass but I bet they're a bugger to get hold of.

I must admit I underestimated how few options there were for MP5-specific optics without the use of a RIS low mount. The NCStar red dot is more of a co-witness optic, in which case I might as well aim down the iron sights anyway.

Comment

I've got an mp5 myself and I like having a little height to my optics so I don't have to spend time craning my next down to see through the low sights, especially difficult with facepro on anyway.

I kinda like having the CoD4 setup. Easy to use, unobtrusive, great for those moments at some range or in CQB where you need that bit of precision to fire at small, exposed targets.

Comment

I'm thinking of going down that route now, probably with a T1 or other such. She's gas so will most like be indoors for most of her life anyway.

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
                              Maglite!
                              This is a genuine option but I would be worried of the lens getting shot out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olphy Find out more about Olphy
                              Working...
                              X