Dan Wesson Loose Barrel Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Wesson Loose Barrel Help

Hello everyone this is my first time posting.

I have purchased a 6 inch co2 Dan Wesson revolver not to long ago and I am in love with it, it is a great air pistol.

Recently I have noticed that the barrel/shroud is loose and moves side/side and up/down slightly, but enough so that I notice.
    I can only guess there is something loose between the barrel/shroud and the rest of the gun.

I would really love some feedback from y'all on what it might be and how I could fix it.

Re: Dan Wesson Loose Barrel Help

The barrel is held in place by two pins, one above the cylinder and on that sits inside the chamber release push rod housing. If you carefully tap these out with a punch and a pin hammer the barrel housing will slide off. You will see the lugs where the pins go. I wrapped the lugs with some ptfe tape, the wrapped more ptfe tape around the top of the barrel housing that joins on to the sight. Put it back together, pins in and trimmed off the visible ptfe with a craft knife.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi new to this. I got what I can only tell is a Dan Wesson revolver 8’ coz a daft young kid owned it first and fort it would look better with the name and everything else scratched off. Can only tell what ever was there was in gold and had a gold circle of something on it aswell. And don’t mean the handle. Looked at a load of pics but can’t find any that has marking where they are on mine. Is there any other makes of this gun? And could do with help noing what part or parts I’m missing?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

smokes Find out more about smokes
      Working...
      X