Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ukara or BAC

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
    An interesting one is that we are all committing offences if we purchase RIFs, whether we have a defence or not. It's simply that said defence(s) can be used in the event we are ever prosecuted so it provides some level of eligibility.
    This is wrong!

It's illegal to SELL, MANUFACTURE, or IMPORT a RIF. It's only illegal to purchase a RIF if you're under 18. The 'defence' you're referring to, is for the seller to avoid prosecution.....not the buyer!!!

The only way you're statement would be correct is if we were a Forum of under 18's.....in which case we would have zero defence under current law, so even then you'd be wrong.

Comment

You know what, I think you are right silasloki. The law against the individual applies to people under 18. The laws relate to the selling of air weapons (RIFs) and basically that those selling them should check the person buying is doing so for one of the reasons stated.

a museum or gallery
      theatrical performances and rehearsals of such performances
      the production of films and television programmes
      the organisation and holding of historical re-enactments
      crown servants.

2 more defences were added

Airsoft skirmishing + display at arms fairs

There is nothing there to say the buyer or owner could be doing anything illegal if over 18 just that those selling RIFs could be found guilty of an offence if they sell to someone without checking it is for one of the reasons mentioned. Still, would policeman plod think so if he patted you down and found your glock 17 airsoft pistol shoved down your trousers?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...earms-measures
      Last edited by salazar; 31 March, 2014, 21:28.
      My Latest video

Comment

Here we go again...

Comment

Oh ffs...........
          "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

What does "Here we go again" mean?........if you're going to talk about the VCR-A and what it means to/for skirmishers it would be wise to understand it......

To be honest, I'm surprised this discussion has gone on for a page without anyone saying anything.

It's like the good old, "it's illegal to buy a RIF without the correct airsoft license"

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
              This is wrong!

It's illegal to SELL, MANUFACTURE, or IMPORT a RIF. It's only illegal to purchase a RIF if you're under 18. The 'defence' you're referring to, is for the seller to avoid prosecution.....not the buyer!!!

The only way you're statement would be correct is if we were a Forum of under 18's.....in which case we would have zero defence under current law, so even then you'd be wrong.
              Of course, wasn't thinking straight. Had spent a weekend in tents with a few other people in Anglesey - terrible sleep! Yep, VCRA doesn't cover the purchase at all, I believe it was an amendment to the 1968 Firearms Act which covers the purchase of imitation firearms by minors (U18s).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I think it's here to stay. Retailers want to sell guns and make money, if Ukara allows them to do it they'll want to make sure it stays. I'm thinking of letting mine run out, I only need it to buy guns and I've got the guns I want and can afford for the time being. Plus I don't like paying £30 to my site for a nothing membership
                My Latest video

Comment

I'm not too sure about the BAC stuff, then again I'm not a fan of UKARA either.

I don't like paying for things that shouldn't cost money. Hence why I stick to one site for membership and defence. With that said, I do enjoy playing at a variety of sites. I'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Comment

I knew my VCRA argument senses were tingling! Rather than getting into an argument (for once) I'm just putting this new pre-prepared thing here:

Laws Regarding Buying and Selling Imitation Firearms Relevant to Airsoft

In relation to UNDER 18s:

- it is illegal to buy an IF or a RIF if you are under 18
                    - it is illegal to sell an IF or a RIF to an under 18

From VCRA 2006 Section 40 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/40

In relation to OVER 18s:

- it is legal to buy an IF or a RIF if you are over 18
                    - it is legal to sell an IF to an over 18
                    - it is illegal to sell a RIF to an over 18
                    - it is illegal to manufacture a RIF
                    - it is illegal to import a RIF

From VCRA 2006 Section 36 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

NOTE 1: if you wish to import a RIF, manufacture a RIF or sell a RIF to an over 18 you can avail yourself of a 'defence against prosecution' if you can show that you believed that you were intending to provide the RIF for the purposes of airsoft skirmishing at a site with third party liability insurance. One way for a seller to do this is to establish that the buyer is registered with the UKARA database, though this is by no means a legal requirement or the only way for the seller to establish a defence for themselves.

From VCRA 2006 (Commencement No 3) Order 2007 - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...earms-measures

NOTE 2: any attempt to commit one of the offences listed as illegal above is also illegal in itself.

From Criminal Attempts Act 1981 Section 1 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/47/section/1

Acronym Glossary:

IF: Imitation Firearm (in relation to airsoft this is generally recognised as an airsoft gun which is painted over 50% in an 'unrealistic' colour - this is generally referred to as 'two tone')

RIF: Realistic Imitation Firearm (in relation to airsoft this is generally recognised as an airsoft gun which is 'realistically' coloured so as not be easily distinguishable from a real firearm)

VCRA: Violent Crime Reduction Act (the most recent law which directly affects the buying and selling of imitation firearms)

UKARA: United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association (a group created by leading UK airsoft retailers to easily establish a defence against prosecution for themselves when selling imitation firearms - they maintain a database of airsoft players for this purpose; to be entered on the database a player must play three games in over a two month period at a registered airsoft site)

Long story short: nobody needs UKARA or BAC (or even to have played airsoft ever, in fact) in order to buy a RIF, but UKARA certainly helps in the current environment in which people on forums love the mantra "you need a UKARA to buy." If BAC gets enough recognition it will just be another form of defence and we'll start seeing "you need UKARA or BAC to buy." At which point, just choose the one that suits you best, or neither. Whatever.
                    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

big smudge Find out more about big smudge
                    Working...
                    X