This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price in title on sales

Just thinking, can we have a rule where people post the price of the item they are selling in the title? A lot of the time I click on something for sale only to find that the person selling it wants way more than I would be willing to pay. If the price of the item was in title then it would save time clicking on items you're never going to buy

Salazar.
    My Latest video

Re: price in title on sales

How would it work with more than 1 item in a sale, when the price changes, if you will take offers.

Comment

Is it really so hard to click a link to find out a price?

Comment

as above, bumps etc would render this a bit pointless.

what might however be a better idea is that the price in the template is moved up under make/model, so when you get a preview of the post as you hover over the listing with the cursor, you can see it there
        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
          Not really but given the number of morons with hamster IQs that either try to get way too much for an item or price it so badly (they put just £90, not £90 including Paypal etc) it might help as then they won't even get page views and wonder why no-one is bothering.

But then if they are that stupid to try and get a silly price they probably won't even notice.

Either way good idea on RIFs and single item listings but I don't really see it working or changing anything.

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I must have hamster IQ then!

I have recently started to advertise my items for sale without putting "including postage and paypal" or "all in" because I will allow my buyers to choose how to carry the transaction forward. I always state in PMs my accepted methods of payment - if Bank Transfer or PayPal gift then the price is, as it is, exclusive of postage.
            I also allow my buyers to choose what option they want for delivery. By default I will generally always use Royal Mail's 1st or 2nd Class Recorded services, but if they want Special Delivery this is to be added, of course. A bloomin' letter cost me £6.40 to send the other day via SD, so obviously the costs can creep up with the latter.

As already stated, when someone updates their price (higher or lower), this would make the title's pricing info redundant.
            An option to counter this though is, for example "A&K Masada, <£130" or "A&K Masada £130 or less".

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
              How would it work with more than 1 item in a sale, when the price changes, if you will take offers.
              price changes usually happen when no one is getting any action because they have the item way over priced. If the item was reasonable priced in the first place we wouldn't get the thousand bumps and numerous price drops
              My Latest video

Comment

If the point is to look @ the title and not the actual thread how do you work out what comes with the gun, could be.

TM M4 £150 - Based on OP they would chose this
                TM M4 £155 - What happens if this one has 10mags included.

Basically you still have to look @ the post.

Comment

Not hard no, just a waste of time and considering the amount of stuff that comes up for sale also time consuming. Is it so hard for the person selling to put the price in the title?
                  My Latest video

Comment

Originally posted by salazar View Post
                    price changes usually happen when no one is getting any action because they have the item way over priced. If the item was reasonable priced in the first place we wouldn't get the thousand bumps and numerous price drops
                    Not necessarily - if say someone was selling something super rare and desirable to a smaller group (say a limited run pistol bodykit), but had a high value then there would be far less a chance of it securing a sale in the first instance of it being posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                      Not necessarily - if say someone was selling something super rare and desirable to a smaller group (say a limited run pistol bodykit), but had a high value then there would be far less a chance of it securing a sale in the first instance of it being posted.
                      Maybe but how many times is that the case and how many times is it just another run of the mill M4 that's way too much money? I have seem items for sale second hand that are priced twice as much than the item new just because someone has fitted a tight barrel

Aisoft must be the only thing where people want twice the price for second hand goods than the item costs new. Try that with a second hand car and see how far you get. Crazy
                      Last edited by salazar; 2 April, 2014, 17:16.
                      My Latest video

Comment

Where are these examples, salazar?

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

If you skip posts based on price how do you know what comes with it?

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                          Idd its not broken so don't change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                            i commented on a thread the other day, the one where people ask the price of things. Guy wanted 200 quid for a combat machine with a couple of mods and batteries. Any buyers? Doubt it and that's not a one off? price new for a combat machine £120
                            My Latest video

Comment

I see, that £200 valuation is perhaps a tad high - sellers should take into consideration the current brand new price, not what they paid. I noticed they'd said gun with deans = £182, so if you'd reduced the £200 valuation to £150, with those accessories I wouldn't think that's too bad a deal.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

salazar Find out more about salazar
                              Working...
                              X