Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POSP/PSO Alternatives?

One for Russian/Polish fans.

Recently picked up an SVD-S which is on it's way.

What alternatives are there to the standard POSP scope? I know there's lots of railed side mounts to put eotechs on, but are these ever actually used? I would buy a POSP in a heartbeat if a decent one didn't set me back $200...

Re: POSP/PSO Alternatives?

PKA for a non magnified optic

i have seen 1 or 2 and i mean very few images of any other type of optic being used - http://77rus.smugmug.com/Military/Ch...90_dxmxy-L.jpg being one of them.

russian philosophy, ain't broke don't fix it
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Yah. I can't quite tell how that's mounted. Is it on the rear iron sight?

Don't get me wrong, the POSP is what should be on there, but as they cost more than the gun did, for now of like a cheap reasonably looking alternative that I could blah as being a modern Russian optic

Comment

thats on the side rail still. hunt around and you can get POSP's cheaply. the low easy to find price is around £150. go RS, you wont reget spending a little more for it.

EDIT: RPG OPTICS D (Joke)
        they are only £65
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Haha. If they were zoomed at all I probably would. £150 on a £160 gun is a bit much in my eyes. I'll probably end up doing it though...

Comment

Hmmm. Viable alternative...

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/osm_adaptor.jpg

Comment

reasonable, only borderline heresy.

Comment

POSP/PSO Alternatives?

Haha yeah. If it was the wooden one I wouldn't dream of putting anything else on it. But as it's the modernised S version, it seems more acceptable. Forgive me Yevgeny!

Just how bad are the china clones? I had an ACM Kobra, but apart from the battery cover being very tricky to close it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  Just how bad are the china clones? I had an ACM Kobra, but apart from the battery cover being very tricky to close it wasn't the worst thing in the world.
                  i've not had hold of a china POSP, but they cost about £30 less than the real thing!! and holding an ACM Kobra up to the real thing is like a hotwheels car up against the real thing :P

Comment

I've found an ACM PSO-1 for £90 in the uk, real steel Posp's and pso's are about $270+

Comment

The Chinese replicas are gash. Honestly, don't waste your money. The reticles are awful, they are hard to zero and they are not very rugged. I got a genuine POSP for my SVD for £150, which is expensive, I admit but, it will last a lifetime and it holds a good zero.

Comment

You could consider a romanian scope (TIP2?), which supposedly tend to go for around $100. Haven't seen them for sale outside the US for such a price though.

Comment

I have one of these on my SVD

Google "x6 magnification SVD scope" for some hits of where to find then.

Comment

POSP/PSO Alternatives?

Mids can merge/ remove this thread as I created one for all to use and ask questions in

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                            Working...
                            X