Midcap Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midcap Issue

Hey i have had my Ares L85A2 for a while and my field only allows midcaps so i bought 5 cheap Armalite mags off here for £5 each (Hold 140 rounds and feed fine on the L85) I also recently bought a Knights Armament M4 CQB on here because i wanted a more customizeable gun and you can't really beat a M4 at that + I could share mags which would save money..I thought..

For some reason this M4 WILL NOT feed with these Armalite Midcaps..They lock into place and it'll fire 1 BB then never again..I tried a Highcap i had lying around and it fed fine but i can't use at my field + hate winding.. My friend has a M4 and i tried his King Arms M4 Midcaps and they feed but i really don't want to spend another £30 on some midcaps when i have 5 working ones right next to me.. + They look nice with the gun (They're a kinda greyish colour which matches some furniture on it)

Anyway sorry for dragging this out but, Does anyone have any suggestions to why they aren't feeding? I tried putting some tape around them already but no use (Either won't fit at all because its such a tight fit or greatly reduced wobble but still no feeding)
    A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Re: Midcap Issue

Originally posted by DatJames View Post
    so i bought 5 cheap Armalite mags
    Theres your problem right there :P

Sounds like the bb release catch is either knackered or doesnt quite fit.

Take some pics of the mechanism so we can see what youre dealing with?

Comment

do they feed if you push and hold them into the mag well?

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
        do they feed if you push and hold them into the mag well?
        Occasionally..Still VERY hit and miss

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
        Theres your problem right there :P

Sounds like the bb release catch is either knackered or doesnt quite fit.

Take some pics of the mechanism so we can see what youre dealing with?
        02020001.jpg 02030002.jpg 02030003.jpg

Took a few pics, including 1 of the mag in the gun so you can see there isn't really a gap..One thing i did notice is the cheap midcap (as you see in the picture) is alot easier to push into the magwell but compared to the highcap that i used they both wobble about the same.

EDIT: Just noticed the midcaps are alot shorter when compared to the Highcap lol. Would that possibly be the reason? 02070002.jpg
        A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him

Comment

did your midcaps feed into your mates gun?
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
            did your midcaps feed into your mates gun?
            His M4 is currently being repaired so haven't had chance to :/

Comment

If you fill the mag and pull back the little catch on the top do all the bbs come out quickly?
              Have you tried taking the upper and lower receiver apart removing the barrel and hop from the upper and then lining the hop up with the gearbox and them insert a mag to see if things line up inside the weapon.
              I was having issues with mine not feeding on 30 rps but once I lined everything up without the upper receiver it worked fine and now works well. Even though I didn't change anything.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_severn View Post
                If you fill the mag and pull back the little catch on the top do all the bbs come out quickly?
                Have you tried taking the upper and lower receiver apart removing the barrel and hop from the upper and then lining the hop up with the gearbox and them insert a mag to see if things line up inside the weapon.
                I was having issues with mine not feeding on 30 rps but once I lined everything up without the upper receiver it worked fine and now works well. Even though I didn't change anything.

Yeah all the bb's fly out and ehh..Really don't want to fiddle that much with the gun :s

Comment

It's only one pin or bolt. But fair enough. If you want I can take some pics when I get home to show you what I mean.
                  When you remove the mag do 3 or 4 bbs fall out. Can you rock the mag back and forth inline with the barrel. It could be trying to feed the bbs as too much of a angle between the hop unit and the magazine.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_severn View Post
                    It's only one pin or bolt. But fair enough. If you want I can take some pics when I get home to show you what I mean.
                    When you remove the mag do 3 or 4 bbs fall out. Can you rock the mag back and forth inline with the barrel. It could be trying to feed the bbs as too much of a angle between the hop unit and the magazine.
                    Yeah 3-4 Bb's do fall out and no it really doesn't move around in the magwell

Comment

I'm stumped I imagine it's to do with the magazine not lining up exactly to the hop up unit so it can't feed them in with enough pressure to get them to the feed nozzle.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

I think your problem might be as simple (and as annoying) as this: some mags feed in some guns but not in others.

In my magazine box upstairs I have 6 different brands of M4 midcaps. This is because over the years I've had about 5 different M4s and they were all just picky about what they would feed from (in some cases some mags would not even fit into the magwell). Unfortunately not all M4 mags are the same, so while one gun may take one brand of mag it won't necessarily take another brand, even if they look the same. My G&P likes CA mags for example, but won't even fit Dboys and doesn't like to feed from A&K or (strangely) G&P.

It's not just M4s either. I just bought an LCT AK which came with an LCT mag that feeds fine. I was then happy to find out that my TM mags from my TM AK also fit and feed fine, but confused to then find that my SRC mags, which fit and feed fine in my TM, will fit but not feed in my LCT.
                        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Don't feel bad about it. It's frustrating but I believe Longshot has hit the nail firmly on the head.

My M4 CQBR that I built last week won't feed on my Magpul Emags which are £20+ each, yet it'll feed happily with some 10 year old TM midcaps. But then again, my ICS M4 will feed from basically any M4 mag you throw at it.

That's airsoft for you!
                          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                            Don't feel bad about it. It's frustrating but I believe Longshot has hit the nail firmly on the head.

My M4 CQBR that I built last week won't feed on my Magpul Emags which are £20+ each, yet it'll feed happily with some 10 year old TM midcaps. But then again, my ICS M4 will feed from basically any M4 mag you throw at it.

That's airsoft for you!
                            :/ Seems i need to buy some King Arms then..Gah

Comment

Originally posted by DatJames View Post
                              :/ Seems i need to buy some King Arms then..Gah
                              The fun really begins when you buy some King Arms mags only to find they won't feed in your King Arms gun...
                              102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DatJames Find out more about DatJames
                              Working...
                              X