X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slings.......Do you, don't you.

Couldn't find a thread similar.

Slings.
    Do you find them necessary or a hindrance.
    Can find them a pain on my assault rifles, but a must on my sniper. That thing fully bombed up is getting on for the same weight as my real steel Howa .223
    sigpic
    "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Re: Slings.......Do you, don't you.

Slings always, can only get on with the sa80 style though from many years with using it in real green stuff, but feel it's a great bit of kit, only downside is can not transition for lefty shooting but fitting it with qd sling swivels means even that's easy
    sigpic

Comment

You read my mind, have a sling on my SA80 and it's the lefty shot that is the problem.
      sigpic

Comment

Almost always wear mine. Personally love the Magpul MS2/MS3 combined with the ASAP sling plate. So I have the one point security, combined with the ASAP plate means I can transition to either shoulder with ease. Also, I run a few BFGs, so being able to just drop the rifle knowing its on the sling to quickly grab a grenade is a massive bonus. And then when the games over, you can switch it to a 2 point and the rifle is slung securely however you want.

I also make this point. You've spent how much on your shiny airsoft rifle? £200? £400? £500? £1000? £2000? You probably want to make sure that when you fumble your sling is going to be there to keep it safe!
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Caldymoose has highlighted some of the main benefits of using slings, I've always used a one point myself but I'm getting a 2 point for my AK's as they dangle down and bash off my knees, even when I have the thing on the most comfy, yet tightest setting.

I'm a lefty so I usually have to stick with universal slings like the MS3 I had. But yes, when you can switch shoulders easily to shoot around cover, it's a great bonus. Sometimes I find myself disconnecting my one point however when I'm on the move fast, or supporting the rifle with one hand while I run, which is why I now favour the two point.

Comment

Magpul single point single with a Magpul ASAP on my short M4. Allows for easy carry as well as easy transition between shoulders.
            102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Absolute necessity. As above with regards to using one on the SA80, excellent secure piece of kit. Also, messing around with grenades, climbing through window frames and so on, bit of a must have in my opinion.

As for anything heavier, wouldn't even bother getting it out of the car without one!

Liam

Comment

Yep I did try 1 and standard 2 point slings but still went back to the sa80 one as can quickly pull tight across chest and then fling behind back leaving hands free for whatever else but rifle still handy. Used to use old '58 helmet clips for quick fitting to my issue l85a1, when it didn't break jam or whatever but now in airsoft using an m4 some qd swivels are spot in for me and don't think would change to anything else.
                sigpic

Comment

I run a standard M16 sling on my M16VN....Why?
                  There's times when being able to have both hands free is VERY useful in the woods (For example, pulling yourself out of that stagnant drainage ditch you accidentally jumped into) without having to throw one's expensive AEG onto the ground.
                  Likewise, drawing a pistol or grabbing a canteen is often much easier with a slung rifle than it is with the thing still in your hand.

And- Nothing makes it VERY obvious you are dead to the 'learning deficient' people out on the field like a slung rifle on your back and your hands firmly on your head.
                  Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

Have to say that my Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling is absolutely hands down the best bit of gear ive ever bought. Wouldnt be without it.
                    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Pros so far definitely weighing out the cons.
                      Inspired piece of thinking from Simon77 with the fitting of extra QD slings.
                      Just didn't think of that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Rarely ever use one...

Until I bought the VFC M60E4. Hehe. Roughly 8.5kg or so loaded and that's with 0.20's. 9kg with 0.25s.

Only other weapon I use one with is the SA80 (I've got an L85A2). With regards to left handed shooters of this, it's a bit unorthodox but if you were to purchase the RIS Rail Handguard for it, you should be able to swap the sling mount to the right side, making it possible for lefties.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I won't carry a primary without some kind of sling setup.
                          But that's because I like to make plenty of use of my sidearm, especially any time a building presents itself.

Currently I run a single point. But I'm planning on playing around with 2 or three point slings again if I can find one that suits my gun. maybe even rig up an SA80 sling.
                          Not actually a builder
                          Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I always start the day with the gun clipped to my one point sling. It get's very quickly un-clipped and then forgotten about. Slings are for standing or marching around, in your average skirmish day from game on it's gun up and looking for targets.

I also have a track record of ditching the rifle at the drop of a hat mid game for pistol and knife kills, but each to their own.
                            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Now with a cqb G&P cracker playing in woodland no I don't but anything bigger I would use my magpul ms2, but I do have a molle hanger on my cracker so if I do need to just "sling it" and not have it at a ready my molle vest just takes the weight, sometimes just dropping the weight of the rifle quickly and getting a pistol and grenade out is just the way to go

"Molle hanger" .... imagine a light sabre covertech clip for rifles and thats what I'm using

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Viper Scout Find out more about Viper Scout
                              Working...
                              X