Royal Mail Lost Parcel Claims and Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail Lost Parcel Claims and Feedback

I hadn't had to claim for a lost parcel for a few years now but last month a chap who purchased something on here said it never arrived, price was around the £20 mark so I didn't bother to send it recorded. Guy seemed pretty genuine, although not heard back from him yet when I asked him to confirm his address. No reason to doubt him though.

I'm interested to know what at what price do you send recorded? I've always kept it around the £20 mark before I go for recorded, however I'm thinking about reducing this due to RM starting to ask for proof of value. Does anyone know how long the process roughly goes on for?

Thanks

Re: Royal Mail Lost Parcel Claims and Feedback

well rm is standard insured up to £20, then you can get up to £50 comp and then all the way up etc, its best to just cover it for what it is worth, not worth the hassle of saving out on a few pounds when its worth much more. All you need to do is get the form from then, fill it out, attach something with shows the cost ( i printed forum messages and screenshot of the paypal transaction) send it off, and then wait for them to get back to you with a cheque. The process length will really depend on their workload, time of year, and how easily you can prove that all is as you said it was etc. hope that helps a bit

Comment

Cheers mate, must appreciated... I didn't think about including all the Forum messages and Paypal transaction. Hopefully one day RM will come up with a better / cheaper tracking solution - must cost them a fortune.

Comment

i work for post office so might be able to help a little more.

stand post covers to £20
        recorded covers to £50
        anything above go special which covers to £500 and can increase that for more money.

always cover it for the right amount cause u need to prove how much it worth, under insure it and they wont pay out anything as they say you are trying to cheat the system
        WE BABY HI-CAPA 3.8 x2, TM COLT PYTHON 2.5", HFC HG-132, JG M4.

Comment

I always use recorded these days, just for that "piece of mind" guarantee that somebody that you addressed it to actually received and signed for it. If there's any arguments about whom it was delivered to, I upload a photo of the postage receipt (which shows their post code).

Funny that I had to send a letter threatening court action a couple of weeks and I went for Special delivery... £6.40 for a couple of pieces of paper! Whoosh.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

It goes on for ages and when it eventualy comes they pay you in stamps ,not .sure about higher price items though.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
              It goes on for ages and when it eventualy comes they pay you in stamps ,not .sure about higher price items though.
              Pretty sure I got a cheque once though was so loing ago I could be making it up.
              Upcoming Games:
              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

They compensate up to the cost of 100 stamps, 1st or 2nd class, or they did when I last had to claim, isn't it under a quid to add signed for to an item? if you're too tight (read daft) to insure your goods Darwin is applauding you from his grave :p

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawknutter View Post
                  i work for post office so might be able to help a little more.

stand post covers to £20
                  recorded covers to £50
                  anything above go special which covers to £500 and can increase that for more money.

always cover it for the right amount cause u need to prove how much it worth, under insure it and they wont pay out anything as they say you are trying to cheat the system
                  Funny how you failed to mention that unless you can prove what the item is worth (it has to be an original receipt) all you'll get is a book of 6 stamps. So if I want to take the risk of sending an item uninsured, of which I bought used, with no receipt, I'm well within my rights to do so.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, its currently 1.10p for recorded. Like most things RM prices seem to increase every 6 months.

Comment

I always get it 'signed for' rather than recorded, it's cheaper than recorded and someone still has to sign for the item on arrival which is basically what you want to show that it has arrived safe. Someone can't do a fast one on you either and say the item never arrived
                      My Latest video

Comment

Originally posted by salazar View Post
                        I always get it 'signed for' rather than recorded, it's cheaper than recorded and someone still has to sign for the item on arrival which is basically what you want to show that it has arrived safe. Someone can't do a fast one on you either and say the item never arrived
                        I'm pretty sure "signed for" = "recorded". It's just a newer term for it. It's cheaper than special delivery but that's because it's uninsured.
                        Upcoming Games:
                        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Yeah I'm 99% sure signed for IS recorded.

Comment

'signed for' just means the postman gets a sig when it arrives, recorded delivery means you are given a number that you can type in to the royal mail site and check exactly where the parcel is. They are different in terms of price and what they do
                            My Latest video

Comment

I swear there's an intermediate one too. Was keeping an eye on my 553 and it just said "We are progressing it through our system" until "We tried to deliver it today but no luck". Most heartbreaking update ever.

Got it delivered to the local Post office heh
                              "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                              Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrpugster Find out more about mrpugster
                              Working...
                              X