Theoretical question about posting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoretical question about posting.

Your sending a gas pistol mag to somebody what do you use do you use to parcel it?

Re: Theoretical question about posting.

a padded envelope and some bubble wrap
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

If there is no gas in the mag, it will be fine to post and just wrap it in bubble wrap and use a padded envelope.

Comment

Bubble wrap envelope.
        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
        Life in the fast lane........
        sigpic

Comment

The same way I package anything, cardboard surround, carrier bag and parcel tape. Shed loads of parcel tape. Its very strong stuff it will never rip during transit

Comment

someone send me agm gas mags the metal feeding lips broke, they were well secured inside the parcel and had bubble wrap around them.

So be careful with just bubble wrap I'd put something over the feeding lips as they are hyper fragile.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Usually use tauntaun's. Plus they keep the mag Luke warm just they smell worse on the inside than the out!

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                Usually use tauntaun's. Plus they keep the mag Luke warm just they smell worse on the inside than the out!
                I actually just groaned out loud...

To the OP... I'll generally find a small box or something to put it in. I've had mags arrived with broken feed lips before so I don't fancy my stuff getting damaged when I send it out. Failing that, wrapped securely in cardboard with bubble wrap and into a jiffy bag or similar. Job's a good'un!
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks for your answers ,my curiosity is assuaged. Just to make sure. Nobody would just put it loose in a jiffy bag a good bit bigger than it to rattle about ,then post it standard for the mail man to drop it though the recipiants letter box? Nobody would expect that standard practice of your average retailer for exsample?

Comment

I feel a disturbance in the..... Star Wars jokes aside this doesn't sound to enlightening bud what's happened?

Comment

I don't like to moan or point fingers but exactly what I have described is what has happened resulting in a broken feed lip .It would be straight forward if there were reasonably priced readily avilable replacements but the only one I have found is $38 with p&p .I think sometimes I take common sense for granted .I have made this thread to get some feed back on the situation to make sure I don't have unrealistic expectations .Also to hi-lite to those that think putting prone delicate items in insubstacial packaging is good practice and to make them realise that not only does adiquately packing your items lead to less hassle for the receiver but its also less hassle for them .If there isn't a sticky there really should be, not that anybody will read it but hey at least it will be there which is what counts .

Comment

You need to be careful with envelopes.

I bought two P226 mags for £40, good price. Went to the delivery office to collect. As the postmaster fetched the parcel I noticed it looked like it had been opened/torn open. She wouldn't let me inspect the parcel before signing for it though, after which I didn't have a leg to stand on. One of the mags was missing. So it was a very expensive magazine I purchased and I still don't know if it fell out or was nicked, the hole did seem very neat for accidental damage. Also may or may not have caused a panic had it fallen out in transit and people not realising it isn't a real mag.
                        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

For future reference to anyone sending via royal mail especially when involving gas mags, i recently sold a gas glock on here it was new and mag was completely empty sent it all nice n double boxed for protection it then got stopped examined and destroyed as the magazine contained a gas canister

So be aware

Comment

I also sent a madbull gsg grenade recently the type you fill with a co2 charger not capsules via royal mail and I got a letter stating that it was considered dangerous goods and was destroyed. I argued that it was empty at the time of posting but according to there prohibited list anything with any type of gas container apart from certain types that are new and sealed is restricted wether empty or not. So it seems if they scan it and decide it could contain gas they will destroy it or possably use it as an excuse to steal peoples parcels.

Comment

Blimey. Thats a bit rough. I recently sent three S-Thunder Grenades which all had the tiniest amount of gas in to stop the seals going. They made it fine. Guess i (and my buyer) got lucky.
                              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

heroshark Find out more about heroshark
                              Working...
                              X