Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dye i4 Paintball Mask

Originally posted by mas12555 View Post
    yer heroshark meshs anything he is bril i got him to mesh a s10 sas gas mask looks brill and withstands 500 fps with ease
    i had some glasses, didnt like them

Comment

If you are looking for paintball gear drop me a line, I may be able to help

I own a paintball site in Northern Ireland and also run a paintball shop.We stock Dye, V-force and Empire masks. Don't knock a full face, it's all fun and games till you lose a tooth and have the dental bills to pay

Comment

Originally posted by comeback View Post
        dont like mesh, not allowed a half mask

He makes full masks too.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
          He makes full masks too.
          dont like mesh....

Comment

Any particular reason for not liking mesh?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
              Any particular reason for not liking mesh?
              ive seen people get shrapnel in the eye, and i just generally dont like it

Comment

Thats likely because they're cheap knock-offs, if you don't like it - wear a pair of glasses underneath, I wear glasses, I'm not bothered about it to be honest.

Alright then, you could always look around - What about those TM fan masks? - Or the china-version? - I think they're quite good for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
                  Thats likely because they're cheap knock-offs, if you don't like it - wear a pair of glasses underneath, I wear glasses, I'm not bothered about it to be honest.

Alright then, you could always look around - What about those TM fan masks? - Or the china-version? - I think they're quite good for the money.
                  i have to wear full face... i just want reviews on this mask please

Comment

I have a paint ball mask and took it along to my first skirmish. It was completely useless when it came to looking down the sights, the goggles on it were far to big to get your face any where near the sight aperture. It was a very similar size to the Dye i4 too, with a little bit more over the mouth.

And at £70 that would seem a waist of money if it doesn't work with your sights.

Comment

If your going down the £70 road for paintball masks I spent a long time researching and found the empire e-vents mask will probably be best. Its costly but its low profile, good view angles and looks damned cool.

Dye have a good reputation among paintballers as do empire. AFAIK both have a range of aftermarket lenses available as well as straps.
                      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Hmm, all the reviews ive watched ,make this mask seem perfect :/ the sides are bendy aswell so im guessing you can look down the sights

Comment

I hear jt flex masks are held in fairly high reguard too .I can make masks with lenses ,or masks to attach to goggles. I'm not making masks for the moment though ,as I don't have enough spare time.

Comment

Having owned a JT mask myself I hated it with a passion, was totally incompable of aiming, just had to guesstimate from the shoulder.

When your searchign for a mask make sure its a low profile one, if it aint low profile kiss goodbye to ironsights/aiming.

Having run a quick search on the dye i4 this picture should come in handy for gauging wether or not you could aim down ironsights:

As you can see where his eyes are placed you should be grand. I myself use an S10 Resi and eye position/mask cheek width is somewhat the same as that. Imo, you should be able to play hassle free with that i4.

Also found this, if your a big guy with a big head this is what may occur due to the size of this low profile mask:

Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

It wasn't the mask but the goggles that stopped me looking down the sights. I am not saying that all mask will do this but it may be an idea to test one before you spend £70m on some thing you may not be able to use properly.

Comment

If i'm playing a tournament, i'll wear JT's. Hard to get lenses and such for them at times.

If I've to stand a referee all day, I'll wear E-vents. Great range of lenses, very sturdy and I don't find them fogging thanks to thermal lenses. There's a great range of lenses freely available too.

Dye's are too small for my head, and most people who i've come across, unless they are either 12, or just really vertically challenged, but that said a lot of paintballers wear them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Renni 95 Im a student, been playing airsoft since may 09- loving it Find out more about Renni 95
                                Working...
                                X