Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Is Airsoft more popular than pintball in the uk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Airsoft more popular than pintball in the uk?

It seems there is a general perception that pinball has more players than airsoft ñ but is that true?

I live in the south and it seems there are a lot more airsoft sites than paint ball sites in my area. Also when I went paint balling (a long time ago now) there would be at most 50 people at the site. The 2 airsoft sites I attend sometimes have 100+ players. It seems to me that airsoft actually has more people playing.

I donít think anyone would argue that airsoft is a faster growing sport that paintball but is it bigger?

What does everyone else think and dose anyone actually have asses to the stats to see for sure?

Re: Is Airsoft more popular than pintball in the uk?

Paintball by far is more well known...ever tried explaining what airsoft is, and then resort to comparing it paintball?

Airsoft is not a well known sport, but its growing in popularity fast.

Comment

Pint ball.... now that sounds fun. (So long as it was a pint of beer!)

As for the paintball/airsoft debate... some interesting things I have found, and what makes the games very different.

Paintball tends to be something every guy in the UK has done once, stag do, birthday etc. The sport seems to have a lot of day visitors, compared to regulars. Where as airsoft, it tends to be a more regular hobby.

Secondly the money is at the paintball sites still. They make more profit (on the paint!) therefore the facilities and gaming envrionment is better equipt.

I'd say without a doubt airsoft is growing faster, but still more people will know and play paintball.

At the end of the day setting up an airsoft site is not an expensive business compared to paintball, especially in terms in initial investment. Therefore we'll probably see more and more low budget sites open up. Just some woodland basically. When the big airsoft sites start some real investment into the site, then the smaller hobby sites will probably close back down due to lack of interest.

Comment

No, Paintball is so much more popular than airsoft, even more so now with the introduction of what i used to play, speedball/sup air ball/tournament ball etc, and now since the intro to that style of play more sites are opening, championships are coming over here and all sorts

But airsoft is growing fast

Comment

Well, within half an hours drive i could get to 2 airsoft site's, on the other hand i could get to over 5 paintball sites... I think its becuase paintball is considered a once in a while thing, for parties etc... But airsoft is more a regular sport, once your in you have no money

Comment

i always describe airsoft as LIKE paintball.....

but thats just cos paintball is more well known

paintballs even in my macs dictionary, whereas airsoft isnt

Comment

Reason why we associate to people who dont know because people know paintball and most likely know how it plays, so saying its like paintball without the paint its the easiest way to describe it, instead of:
              "its a 21st century military simulator played across various environments using realistic imitation firearms firing 6mm plastic ball bearings being powered by electric gas or spring!"

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
                Reason why we associate to people who dont know because people know paintball and most likely know how it plays, so saying its like paintball without the paint its the easiest way to describe it, instead of:
                "its a 21st century military simulator played across various environments using realistic imitation firearms firing 6mm plastic ball bearings being powered by electric gas or spring!"

LOL

Comment

haha.

Oh, paintball isnt just a casual event, to most it is, but to a lot and now a growing number its become a sport and entering the ranks like footie, rugby etc, paintball in the US is a sport and shown on TV... a lot

Paintball is also more expensive by bloody far.

Getting the gear it self for either woodsball or speedball costs excess of thousands and thousands and then theres the paint..dont even ask on the paint

Comment

yeah paintball is very more well known then airsoft because of the type of game and people it attracts like stag groups , it gunna get even more popular too because this year there is 5 major events in hte uk and 3 are televised .

Comment

Word of mouth has also made paintball very popular becuase its like "GUYZ L00KZ I SI HARD MAN PAINTZBALLZ HURTINGS GO NOAZ!"
                      and the game is very traditional and been around for a long time i mean a very long time

Comment

yeah a long time it bin around for 25 years first developed when texan farmers were experimentin with a non lethal crop saver . then hey presto paintball

DAMN YOU TEXAN PEOPLE

Comment

my pb gun cost near enough 500....... including upgrades

Comment

is that it haha my one from ex sponsors cost 750 brand new and each upgrade was over 75 quid because it was all built by ANGEL themselves

Comment

oooh smarty pants........

i got all the 08 ego gear from my sponsor for 400:P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobba Find out more about bobba
                              Working...
                              X