Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing gun

Hello all,

My G&G gr15 was left in the carpark at The Compound in Aldershot on Wednesday 30th, it was in a green rifle slip.

I went back their about 2 hours after I'd left but it wasn't there so somebody has picked it up. It hasn't been handed in to the guys at Ambush so someone has taken it with them. If anyone has this or knows anything about it please give me a shout. There's weren't many people there that night so hopefully somebody picked it up with the intention of handing it back.

Cheers,

Scott

Re: Missing gun

Could it have been picked up by someone and handed into the local police station?

Comment

Why would you leave it out ?

Comment

I'd just notify all your local sites and hopefully if they see anyone with a gun matching yours they'll go and talk to them, or at least let you know - that is if someone took it with the intention of using it themselves though.

Comment

I am guessing he was loading the car and accidently left it behind, it would be easy to do if it was a midweek game and getting dark.. I feel for you mate, look like a nice RIF...

if I was a betting man I bet one of the other player who was there got a free gift that evening.....so come on guys fess up imagine if the boot was on the other foot.

how many people were still packing away when you left.
          The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Well The Compound at ambush is locked once after the game by the marshalling guys, then the security that looks after various sites around there checks up on them over the night; plus its got 10ft high barbed wire fence round the place so even if it was still in the carpark when everyone left, someone would have had to scale the fence in the 2 hours it too me to get home and back. The only people that could have picked it up were the ones at the sight, and all being airsofters themselves, if they were to hand it in they would have given it to the marshals knowing somebody had left it.

I put it out of the way whilst i revised my car out from next to someone to load up, but I only put my kit bag in and for some reason didn't notice my rifle bag. I wasn't the last person to leave though.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by G33m4N View Post
            Probably like half a dozen or so. Its my own fault, but these things happen don't they. I'd just dropped a new lonex gb shell in it the same day aswell... bummer

Comment

Originally posted by G33m4N View Post
              I am guessing he was loading the car and accidently left it behind, it would be easy to do if it was a midweek game and getting dark.. I feel for you mate, look like a nice RIF...

if I was a betting man I bet one of the other player who was there got a free gift that evening.....so come on guys fess up imagine if the boot was on the other foot.

I completely agree, if someone honest had taken it they'd have handed it in, and you would have got it back by now.............

Comment

Yeah it is a funny one, I mean its not an easy thing to sell on, unless you break it down completely. Luckly the lonex gearboxes come with a unique serial no. so is somebody is silly enough to try and sell it on (or at least the gb) then thats something I can look for. I'm hoping that somebody might had it in at ambush at the weekend... but theres no reason they wouldn't simply hand it to the marshall on the way out. Theres always a good bunch of guys down on a wednesday night, and we've been going there every week for a good 6/7 months, but there were a few faces i didn't recognise. Its just a bummer knowing its out there somewhere, its my baby!

Comment

Right so here's where i'm at;

For all I know someone has removed an RIF both from my possession and from the secure airsoft sight. Owing to the fact that it has been removed from where it was left AND that i cannot confirm who is in possession of it i'm obliged to contact the police and alert them to the fact that someone is illegally in possession of an RIF. This is less than ideal because if some do-gooder gets wind of something like this there could be repercussions... however i cannot be responsible for somebody potentially brandishing an RIF 'that is legally my responsibility' and getting arrested, or worse using it anywhere near one of Aldershot's many military bases. Thoughts on this guys?

Comment

Why could there be repercussions?

Comment

well you know how ridiculous people can get, to us someone has simply nicked an airsoft gun... to others its an unlicensed machine gun look a like. I can't imagine the police being too understanding about it, especially when i'll have to tell them that it could be in anybodies possession, and it was taken from a secure site. But i just can't take the possibility that somebody could do something silly with it when its still my responsibility.

Comment

It wouldn't be your responsibility if some one stole it.....

Comment

well seeing although you're supposed to treat an RIF like a real firearm then it would; if somebody steals a firearm off you and you fail to report it, then the weapon is used in a crime you are held responsible.

Comment

arent there a lot of cadets doing their exercises around the compound?
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Nah its in the arse end of nowhere, in fairness i'm 99% certain it was someone there. Unless someone creeped past the gate whilst everyone was loading up no-one else can get in.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Scotty Dog A Northerner living down south Find out more about Scotty Dog
                              Working...
                              X