TM with trades import problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM with trades import problems?

Was just about to buy a new recoil TM SCAR Heavy last night.
    Then as i hovered over the "buy" button i seemed to remember something on here about TM's with trades having customs clearance problems?
    Is the importation of SCAR's with full trades a problem now?

Re: TM with trades import problems?

I can't see why.............

Comment

Only applied to TM airsoft guns that where based on H&K weapons as Cybergun have the only licences to reproduce H&K items so you should have no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
        Only applied to TM airsoft guns that where based on H&K weapons as Cybergun have the only licences to reproduce H&K items so you should have no problem.
        Umarex hold the HK licence don't they? FN trademarks are held by Cybergun, but still I've never really heard of TM's being stopped by customs for trademark issues.

Comment

considering Zero in sell TM don't think you are going to have a problem HMRC are more worried about counterfeit goods trade mark infringement's a civil matter.
          Reformed Pacifist

Comment

"That unfamiliar gun shaped object doesn't have the correct licensing trademarks! Stop the fucking presses!"

Yeah right.

Comment

HMRC are not interested in trademark infringement unless the trademark owner makes a complaint about a specific consignment and notifies HMRC about it's arrival.

From a commercial point of view though , you cannot import or sell electrical items made by TM on a commercial basis as Weights and Measures know they have not passed ROHS2 testing .

£5000 fine plus destruction costs for each one found for sale /import is something most retailers with half a brain do not want to risk.

ROHS restriction does not currently extend to personal imports or sales though so don't panic

Comment

Excellent news.:-)
                Thanks fellas for the information. Much appreciate everyones input.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

0880yorkie Likes big cars, faster bikes, guns, beer and the wind in my flowing locks. Lol. Find out more about 0880yorkie
                Working...
                X