Foam name used in cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam name used in cases?

Hey guys, what type of foam can I use in a Hard carry case that I can custom cut to my weapons?
    And does anyone know where I can get it from? ..as cheaply as possible also!

cheers
    Phil
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Re: Foam name used in cases?

Any sort of Foam used in Furniture would do, I got mine from local Market but you can get "Pick and pluck" which consists of small 2"x 2" Blocks joined together which you pull apart to the required shape (used mainly for Photographic Equipment, Lenses and Cameras etc).

Comment

How would I go about cutting the foam to the dimensions of my gun if I used the furniture foam? I know I could use hot wire cutter, but they generally have a very small length of hot wire so may not fit around my foam.
      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

A knife, takes a while though! Then tidy it off with a hot wire.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Try not to get a foam that is too dense, if your gun gets wet during the day and gets put in the case wet, the moisture will sit against the gun.
          Find foam that is quite light with 'egg carton' pattern, this will wick moisture away from the gun. And you can put a light spray of oil over the foam.
          I know this is airsoft but it is 'good practice'.
          Hope this helps.
          Last edited by Viper Scout; 15 May, 2014, 08:55.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Half Trigger Find out more about Half Trigger
          Working...
          X