Flashmag thoughts/reviews??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashmag thoughts/reviews??

As the flashmags have been in use for a little while now I thought I would ask for peoples thoughts/reviews on them?

How long they last/ what issues were found?
    Any brands to steer clear from?
    Anybody find any good AK mags in DE?

That kind of thing.

Thanks
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Re: Flashmag thoughts/reviews??

I've been using flash mags for a while now, I've ran .20g and .25g bbs in them and I haven't had a problem with them in my scar l and my tr4, my mags are re branded asg and I'm not sure who makes them, I have seen a g36 flash mag that was utter crap the pull string came off, and the asg flash mags don't like my misses m6a2. But other than that I've found the to work well and be a little easyer to use than the wheel ones.
    KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

as long as you buy the lonex flash mags you will be fine. they are awesome
      For Sale!
      TM M870 with a load of stuff
      A&K massada sniper spec
      Chronograph
      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

I use flash mags in my raider. Never had any problems at all with them. Not sure what make theyare but I think they are lonex

Comment

I've used M4, AK-47 and polymer AK-74 flash mags. All of them have worked incredibly well. I do like using mid caps but sometimes it's nice to not have to constantly reload on normal walk-on days. So having a mag that winds the entire contents with just a few quick pulls makes everything easier.
          Just bear in mind they are more complex than normal hi caps, and as such require maintenance (lubing) with some silicone oil.

Comment

Lonex ones have been great, best innovation in mags for a long time. Now Lonex need to make a flash mag that doesn't rattle and feeds fine :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
              Lonex ones have been great, best innovation in mags for a long time. Now Lonex need to make a flash mag that doesn't rattle and feeds fine :-)
              Mine have fed consistently and have never misfed or missed a shot. If it's misfeeding then the issue is more likely with your setup than the mag itself...

Comment

I use them all the time in most of my guns . No problems at all , have ak and m4 versions from asg and Lonex . Lonex use wire cable for the pulls and asg use nylon cords .
                Lonex also do a repair kit for them which I have , but never had to use it.
                A good mod for them is to drill a hole in the base plate , fit a grommet an run the cable through to the bottom of the mag . This enables you to use ranger type plates with these mags ,as there is then no need to open the trap door to gain access to the cord pull mechanism .to wind the mags ..

Comment

I have some ASG flash mags as they are fantastic for use in my L85A2 (bullpup and winding wheels are a pita, and you look a spaz doing it). Feed fine and will almost empty the whole mag from the initial pulls. I do give them a further few pulls when I get the chance during a game though. I have one for a G36 and it feeds fine but needs about 3 sets of pulls to empty the whole mag. Can't remember who made that one though.
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
                    Mine have fed consistently and have never misfed or missed a shot. If it's misfeeding then the issue is more likely with your setup than the mag itself...
                    I think you got the wrong end of the stick. My Mags work fine, what I meant was it would be great to see them come up with a hicap mag design which didn't rattle, i.e. like P90 (obviously vertical) but feed perfectly fine.

Comment

On an auction site you may know of you can pick up AK flash mags for £12 each with free postage from HK. They are plastic fantastics...and they dont seem to take as much abuse as my metal echo 1 Stanag mags though...now they are ruddy tough.

I bet the metal AK ones are pretty resilient, but I prefer my polymers ones though, so if anyone knows any tough brands, or even tutorials on how to convert RS mags that would be awesome sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
                        I think you got the wrong end of the stick. My Mags work fine, what I meant was it would be great to see them come up with a hicap mag design which didn't rattle, i.e. like P90 (obviously vertical) but feed perfectly fine.
                        Ah ok, seemed like you were talking about the flash mag. The rattle of BB is the chorus of hatred to many ears, however I have grown immune to my own magazines rattling but use it to an advantage when creeping up on people who's mags are.

Comment

i have used them since they came out,all different makes,and over time all of them have developed some kind of problem, bbs flying out the top when you pull the cord, bbs not being wound into the mechanism, pull strings snapping, spring coming detached(a common problem), ive learnt how to diagnose the problems and fix them,i know which parts from which makes are compatible with each other,i have had new ones and second hand ones,ive owned at least 6 of them......and apart from one (which i lost) have all failed...but i will still use them because they are for me the best solution to my airsofting needs, i dont abuse them as i had one lonex which lasted ages but alas that gave up on me, and i had a clone which lasted a long time,until i lost it......
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks lads.

Anybody know of any dark earth AK mags?
                            sigpic
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

I've been using Commando m4 flash mags for quite a while now. Not had any problems at all, and most of the time they empty after only one wind up. I for one definitely recommend them. It would be nice if the BBs didn't rattle, but I don't find it too annoying.
                              "Unleash just one load into the enemy
                              and be ready to go again straight
                              away... and that doesn't happen very
                              often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knarf3 Find out more about knarf3
                              Working...
                              X