Tokyo Marui Hop ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Marui Hop ups

TM hops and indeed TM guns are very "consistent". They work more or less identically from individual gun to individual gun

Comment

My mate has the tm recoil scar l. The range is brilliant but only seems to be good with 0.25 bb's, I have a g&g gen 3 top tech and also use 0.25s and I get the same range as him. Out the box the tm unit is great but I still don't see them as being the best out there.

Comment

Originally posted by mee View Post
        Brilliant, thanks for all the responses. It seems then that it is less to do with the materials used as the attention to detail in manufacturing and the combination of parts used to make it excel.
        Mark
        which is exactly how the Japanese over took the American and destroyed the British car industries
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
          The TM Recoil hops - indeed, the Recoil guns in general - work very well out of the box, but that doesn't mean they're as good as it gets. When you buy a Recoil Shock - or a BMW - you're getting what you paid for; a product that is the best compromise the manufacturer could make between a variety of factors that pull the product in different directions. Desires to reduce cost and promote parts compatibility, for example, are usually directly opposed to every innovation improvement you'd make to the product. What you get when you buy your HK416D or 335i is the result of a lot of decisions to produce the most attractive product, not the best product. It is inarguable that Recoil Shocks are objectively better with steel gears and aluminium - rather than pot metal - buffer tubes, just as it is inarguable that BMWs are objectively better with a full leather interior and sat-nav. The reasons neither come with those as standard are understable and mostly related to cost, but they are a good demonstration of the fact that almost nothing is unimprovable out of the box.

With TM's guns, there is an immediate and obvious point to make. They're built to JDM power limits, which are substantially (~15%) lower than most UK skirmish sites will accept, putting you at a material disadvantage if you're really trying to eke out every meter of range. Once you've upgraded the spring to boost the power, other parts of the system - for example, the hop-up - are no longer operating within their design parameters, which means that something else may be more effective in this new performance envelope. In your BMW example, if you're boosting the engine's power, then new injectors of a greater capacity might well be part of that upgrade package. The well-known Firefly upgrades to the Recoil Shock's hop-up unit are a good example of something that are more effective than TM's factory offering, especially at higher power levels.

People that say things like "once you open your TM up, all the fairy dust escapes" are people that don't know how to install their upgrades. For example, here's my heavily upgraded Recoil Shock (skip to 17s to see the recoil weight installed):

That gun came out of the box shooting about 290fps, would burn its trigger contacts and eat its own recoil system if you used anything stronger than a 7.4v LiPo, broke the stock block within a few minutes of use, and kicked pretty hard. After an eye-watering amount of investment, it now shoots dead-on 345fps, kicks like a mule with a recoil weight weighing more than double the original, has an all-aluminium body, has stronger everything inside, and runs a computerised MOSFET that will allow me to select any number of options, not to mention shoot from a car battery without burning my contacts if I wanted to.
          Good post.
          Any chance of a comprehensive list of whats been added to your recoil to get it performing that way? I often see people talk about heavier recoil weights but Ive never actually seen 1 anywhere.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mee http://www.podpadstudios.co.uk Facebook: Podpadstudios Find out more about mee
          Working...
          X