New project NEVEG 5.56 lmg design help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project NEVEG 5.56 lmg design help

Hi guys, I'm trying to build a NEVEG lmg, it looks like it uses a galil stock, barrel and handguard, any ideas of any other parts that can be used from other weapons?

Also does anyone know where I can get dimensions from to 3D print the parts that are not already in production?

http://www.israel-weapon.com/files/b...EV_556_LMG.pdf

Thanks ,Luke
    Battle Plan:
    1)Run madly at enemy. (shooting weapons is optional)
    2)Die.
    3)Run to Re-spawn.
    4)Return to point 1 and repeat until successful.

Re: New project NEVEG 5.56 lmg design help

Not sure you're gonna have a lot of luck with using stock components, the handguard and stock look similar only different and the reciever, gas block etc look completely different to anything found in airsoft that i'm aware of.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

That's why I'm after dimensions so I can print the rest of the components
      Battle Plan:
      2)Die.
      3)Run to Re-spawn.

Comment

How many firearms manufacturers do you reckon leave the exact dimensional specifications to the key components of all their guns just lying around freely for everyone to see on the internet? I mean, you can e-mail IWI and ask nicely for their technical drawings and design specs all ready to feed in to CNC machine or a 3D printer (not sure how those parts are going to hold up on an airsoft gun..), but I just don't see them responding well to that. You're much more likely to get a knock from the armed response a day or two later.

Not trying to have a go here and I'll genuinely be the first to admit, for all I know the Israeli's have some crazy law that their gun specs are entirely open source and free domain. Seems unlikely though.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Didn't know if anyone had made one before or handled the real thing and had an idea of the sizes of the handguard etc.
          Battle Plan:
          2)Die.
          3)Run to Re-spawn.

Comment

Right, bear with me here, the 'zafir' machine gun in arma 3 is pretty much a copy of the neveg, have a look at some pictures. Now I have no idea how to, but you might be able to look into the game files of arma 3, find the model and gets it's dimensions and make it. it's a bit different, mainly the stock but it's mostly exactly the same. I doubt that they got the exact dimensions but they probably spent a lot of time estimating them. Anyhow, hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Excuse my spelling

Comment

you have a fairly good pic of the side profile of the gun in the pics you linked to, and you look at this site, http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapo...gev/Negev.html it gives you the open and closed dimensions, so you now know how long the stock is. the only thing that looks to be different between the two versions is barrel length, and it even lists that for you. time to start measuring and scaling it like the big boys do
              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Thanks, thought it would come to that but just wanted to see if I could save some time that's all
                Battle Plan:
                2)Die.
                3)Run to Re-spawn.

Comment

Main body and top cover looks similar to a Minimi/M249 with the mag well underneath rather than the side. The barrel profile is more M4 than galil infront of the gas block so you could use a standard barrel extension there

Comment

Thanks, will look into an m4 barrel extension
                    Battle Plan:
                    2)Die.
                    3)Run to Re-spawn.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

luke.head Find out more about luke.head
                    Working...
                    X