Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Decide Please

ive been looking into getting a G&P SR15 URX or a WE gas M4,

now the gas does have some disadvantages of the cold and only holding 30 or so rounds per mag but the realistic-ness of its functions is amazing, ive not heared any bad points of it so far well that i can find anyway,

as for the sr15 i would convert that to single shot and up the fps for snipering.

at the minute i have a CA m15a4 firing 22 rps.

My Rating

Re: Help Decide Please

first of snipering is not a word its sniping!

i am would go for the SR15 but i live to snipe but the M4 GBB has been entreging me but i'm a sniper so SR15

Mercs Designated Marksmen

Comment

GBB rifles still havent won me over yet :/ im a battery man apart from my pistols

Comment

Everybody main worry of the gas rifle's is them not working in the winter, but in a few months there will be Co2 mags available for the WE M4 GBB so you can have all year GBB fun !

Comment

Originally posted by RickyC View Post
          ive been looking into getting a G&P SR15 URX or a WE gas M4,

now the gas does have some disadvantages of the cold and only holding 30 or so rounds per mag but the realistic-ness of its functions is amazing, ive not heared any bad points of it so far well that i can find anyway,

as for the sr15 i would convert that to single shot and up the fps for snipering.

at the minute i have a CA m15a4 firing 22 rps.
          There's quite a lot of info on the WE M4 GBB in the link below. As Bert has said, with Co2 mags for the WE in a couple of months, GBB can be for all year round.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12229
          Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

thanks all for the info, i would like the sr but as i said the gas m4 looks awesome, also batteries going flat is one of my worries, so you cant use c02 on the mags yet then? but on reviews using green gas get 500+ fps so c02 will be better in the cold? how could i de tune the WE?

My Rating

Comment

Originally posted by RickyC View Post
              thanks all for the info, i would like the sr but as i said the gas m4 looks awesome, also batteries going flat is one of my worries, so you cant use c02 on the mags yet then? but on reviews using green gas get 500+ fps so c02 will be better in the cold? how could i de tune the WE?
              CO2 does work better in cold due to its lower boiling point- i.e. its still a gas at low temps when propane starts to become a liquid. CO2 mags for WE M4 in next couple of months or so.

You can buy a valve that fits in the bolt carrier for £8 or you could fork out £45 for a complete bolt carrier and valve assembly set for lower FPS so you can quickly swap it out just link a Systema Cylinder or an ICS top half gearbox. I prefer the whole bolt carrier approach which will be available in the next week or so.

Out of the box, thew WE M4 GBB is around 360fps.
              Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

i have an ics m4 atm, the quick swap fps is very handy

Comment

360 is fine for where i play, is there a hop up system and tight barrels the same as other guns?

My Rating

Comment

Yes there is.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RickyC Find out more about RickyC
                    Working...
                    X