Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pimped or simple

Performance/reliability mods only.

Know all those chaved up cars you see floating about? Stick on tack everywhere? Well to me thats whats pimped guns look like. Anything that isn't there for a function is a waste of space IMO.

Comment

I agree some guns should be left alone. Ive pimped my M4 but tbh most of the things on there, are there for practical reason too. For example I have a tango down vertgrip for a steadier aim, but also found at CQB sites I tend to hold the magwell so i have a magwell grip too. I dont have optics/scopes anymore as I rarely used them for aiming. However I do use iron sights to aim alot so I bought a decent set of battle sights.
      sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

See thats function with form, i agree with that. You do see people running about with every accessory possible hanging off their guns lol :P

Comment

Most people may already know my answer, but it's gotta be tasteful and have a purpose.

Example, putting X amount of accessories on a gun can make it look good, but it's also gotta have a purpose. Having things on there JUST for the sake of having them can make guns look worse.

Same goes for plating and engraving. You can engrave or plate any gun, but do it wrong and it'll ruin it. Spraying a plastic gun a silver dull colour as opposed to chrome polishing a metal one to a mirror finish will always make it look terrible.

Comment

I'd go with simple. But my idea of simple is either:
            What it comes out of the box like,
            OR
            The perfect amount of additions for you to play.
            As such, my M4 has just an Elcan Scope (bought myself), a grip, silencer, and readymag all of which came with the gun. So it's not really "Pimped".
            I personally don't think a laser is useful. Torch, maybe, but I've never found the need to use one, so my Maglite stays in my pocket mostly. I think some people take things too far with their guns. In my personal opinion, most of the time anyways, when people start using military grade stuff it's pimping gone too far. Your beloved airsoft gun is NOT going to shoot far enough to warrant your real steel ACOG. Your gun is NOT accurate enough to warrant that real steel EOTech. And your team is usually NOT hardcore enough to warrant your wonderful real steel PEQ with all the singing and dancing features that real soldiers need.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should...

*Waits for ensuing riot and flaming*
            sigpic

Comment

Pimped to the max

Comment

• Internal pimping external simple
                I call it the shealth approach
                TAE

Comment

Depends on the guns
                  Aks should be left normal as for mp5's just a aimpoint/redot sight

m4's armalites pimped out tac lights lazers acogs

also depends on the type of game play senario what my guns are set up like :D

Comment

All dependant on the gun i'd say. Like AK for example is beautiful as it is. No need for any extras. However a plain jane M4 doesn't look so good in my eyes.

Comment

As has been mentioned above, pimping a weapon only really suits an M4, Masada or Scar IMO and I prefer the look of my M4 with rails, a torch, grip and scope. (I only use a PEQ box because I have to for battery storage)

But, each to their own. Depends what works for you ultimately.
                      "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

• I quite like my pimped PDW though!

Comment

run what works for you at the end of the day, I tinker so...

Comment

Plain simple outside.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Simple question simple answer. Some guns suit it some don't. For me I pimp everything due to the fact I only have a taste for guns which suit it. I don't like things like Aks, M14s etc I like the M4s, Scars, Masadas and so on. So simple, add what you need leave off what you don't and keep the likes of AKs out of my armory!

Comment

Pimped. Always pimped.

My L85 has been pimped, inside and out. I think its tasteful, purists will disagree. Watch me care....

Ive even pimped my bros AK (but not the outside). played around with the internals, Shifted a truck load of weight around but without changing how it looks or its stability. It plays like a completely different gun. It's miles better.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                                Working...
                                X