Dodgy MOLLE attachments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy MOLLE attachments...

I've had this a few times, on a number of different brands/attachments.

Running around, shooting sh!t up, then comes the reload (for example).

You grab the flap over the top of the pouch and yank it - but the pouch doesn't open. Instead, the whole attachment comes right off in your hand!

What do people do to prevent this/what brands don't do this?

I've got a couple issue pouches etc that have 'poppers' that only open one way, and they're great, but 'new' brands that I've used never seem to have them...
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: Dodgy MOLLE attachments...

Are you threading the Molle properly?, it really shouldn't come of from just trying to open Velcro or pop studs

Comment

Yeah you have to thread the MOLLE straps back and forth between the pouch and the rig it's being mounted on, have you done that? They're pretty secure when woven properly.

Comment

like said above, you have to weave the strap to and from the molle holes on the back of your pouch to the bit of kit your attaching it too.

- - - Updated - - -

ignore all the boring bit at the start, this is how to do it mate;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xk-soKcFak
        sigpic

Comment

I've had same problem. Found it was the popper spring.
          Inside the popper is a split circular wire, make sure it is circular and that there is a gap. Or you can so the opposite for the molle straps, either decrease the gap or slightly deform the spring.
          A bit fiddly, but use a small screwdriver or thin nose pliers.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

I thread it as said above where possible, but there's nothing to thread it through on the back of the attachment. :S

My MP5 pouches stay on fine.
            sigpic
            "I are God, lol."

Comment

Then get a better pouch :P What make pouches are you using at the mo?
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                Then get a better pouch :P What make pouches are you using at the mo?
                This is what I put it down to. My MP9 pouches are BE-X (..?) tripples.

The 'Dodgy' ones are Viper (duh) and a few issue DPM ones (small admin pouch, tripple m4 and two general use ones)...
                sigpic
                "I are God, lol."

Comment

You must be doing something wrong!

I find it a right pain in the nutsack to remove my molle attachments! Do a youtube search for how to do it

Alternatively, they mush be very cheap pouches. WAS and Bolle I've never had a problem with... saying that, although cheaper, Viper tend to stay on just as well!

Comment

I've got Viper P90 pouches. Being used to old school PLCE, I jumped straight in and attached them to my leg platform in the most incorrect fashion possible! Spent a whole day with the Damn things flapping around!

Came home, sat and had a good look at them, and realised where I went wrong. Once the Vipers were threaded properly, they're rock solid, nothing's shifting them! Why not post a pic of your webbing, and we can give you some pointers?

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                      Why not post a pic of your webbing, and we can give you some pointers?
                      Will do.

I threaded the pouches in question as 'properly as possible', but there's nothing on the pouches themselves to thread through.

As I've said, my MP9 pouches are a w@anker to remove. The absolute WORST pouch is a VIPER adjustable holster. That pops off if I just exhale...
                      sigpic
                      "I are God, lol."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                      Working...
                      X