Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

dan wesson 2.5" nearest real world equivalent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan wesson 2.5" nearest real world equivalent?

Hello,

I just got a dan wesson 6mm and im having a hard time finding the right holster for it. I know there is a shaped one specifically for it, but its ugly and more importantly its just a material belt loop which means when in place the handle has to be 90 degrees to the belt (like standard).

however i want to mount this at more like 45 degrees to the belt so im after a something stiffer and more adjustable - a serpa holster that can hold it would be ideal.

any idea if such holster exists, or if one exists for some real world gun that would fit a DW too?

Re: dan wesson 2.5" nearest real world equivalent?

Buy a SERPA QD attachment and attach the male section to your fabric holster. You can then set the gun at whatever angle you wish.

I have a lot of wheel guns and with two fabric holsters (One long and one short) I can now carry all of 'em.

Be clever about it and put the screws through the belt loop only. Your guns wont get scratched as they wont contact the screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin View Post
      Buy a SERPA QD attachment and attach the male section to your fabric holster. You can then set the gun at whatever angle you wish.

I have a lot of wheel guns and with two fabric holsters (One long and one short) I can now carry all of 'em.

Be clever about it and put the screws through the belt loop only. Your guns wont get scratched as they wont contact the screws.
      aaa good idea, ill have to see if i can find a hard leather holster too now although from the look of things i may have to put up with a generic material one

Comment

Fits perfectly in a colt python holster

Comment

its all about the strike systems shoulder holster, fits any DW revolver and two speed loaders!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Its a copy/based off the Dan Wesson 15-VH .357 Magnum if that helps

Comment

It's a poor replica if they did decide to base it on anything. I think it's just a sloppy mix of generic revolver features. Actual Dan Wessons have a distinctive cylinder release on the crane, rather than the usual S&W style location. Dan Wessons don't have Dan Wesson scribbled over the barrel, and have more boxy trigger guards. These airsoft ones seem to be closer to S&W K Frames in design (The 2.5" anyway), with that horrible extra 2cm of material in front of the hammer to make space for the valve. I think most K/L frame style holsters would probably fit, or a Python one as mentioned.

Comment

cheers chaps

Comment

the thing with dan wesson revolvers is that they are made by ASG, they are also made (but not trademarked by Wingun and skeleton arms.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeCDC View Post
                    the thing with dan wesson revolvers is that they are made by ASG, they are also made (but not trademarked by Wingun and skeleton arms.

They are all made by Wingun, ASG rebrand them under the Dan Wesson name, as do Skeleton Arms for the Canadian market. They're all the same guns. The same is true of other Winguns. G&G and others rebrand them, but Wingun are the only manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                      They are all made by Wingun, ASG rebrand them under the Dan Wesson name, as do Skeleton Arms for the Canadian market. They're all the same guns. The same is true of other Winguns. G&G and others rebrand them, but Wingun are the only manufacturer.
                      that explains why the parts work with each other

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                      Working...
                      X