This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For younger players.

I found this petition, might be helpful for younger players who cant get their own kit.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/airsoft/

Re: For younger players.

This has been done many times and none prevailed, sorry mate

Comment

Yep, has probably been done. I don't think it should change either. They're not toys at the end of the day.

Systema M4A1 PTW | TM P90 | KJW P229

Comment

Originally posted by propaintballa View Post
        Yep, has probably been done. I don't think it should change either. They're not toys at the end of the day.
        Actually thats exactly what they are!

Comment

Well... Slightly more dangerous than the average action man...

Comment

Toys my ass. These're sporting guns in my opinion. I don't know many 'toys' that break skin.

Comment

nope. they are toys
              TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Comment

My point. They're not toys at all.

So the general consensus is that all the younger players think that they're toys, which proves my point as to why the buying age shouldn't be lowered.

Comment

I wasn't aware toys required a LICENSE to own.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyWu View Post
                    Toys my ass. These're sporting guns in my opinion. I don't know many 'toys' that break skin.
                    You obviously never had a fight with one "back in the day"! Regardless of that, these things are incredibly dangerous, simply because they looked so much like the real thing (you might not think they do but your not the general public). Someone under 18 i believe is just not smart enough to be trusted with something like this. Either wait till your 18 or leave it. Lowering the age is about as smart as lowering the drinking age to 16, its just not right.

In my opinion...
                    Current Armoury
                    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

I agree. Toys don't require licenses, you don't need to be 18 to buy toys and these guns are meant for a specific sport. That's like saying a paintball gun is a toy. They're not. Those're sporting guns. So are airsoft guns.

Comment

Considering how close the sport came to being outlawed completely, I think it's pretty damn stupid for people to then start a petition to lower the age. When your a certain age you can't drink, drive, smoke or buy a airsoft gun.

Just deal with it...

Comment

Its not like they are stopping you playing all together, even before the UKARA VCRA came in it was 18+ anyway so whats the difference, it makes it a tad harder to buy your own realistic guns, you can just get gifted a two tone or "lend" your mates, dads, mums RIF.

To be honest lets be lucky were not like new zealend, lets be happy with what we got

Comment

I agree with BillyWu on this one.

Our guns are for a sport, not for "cowboys and indians" little kids might play!
                            Plus, if younger kids get hold of them, they may start thinking different about the real-steel versions. Thinking of them as "just toys"

Comment

in what class do you say they are billywu rec play or something else . . plus i think you sayin if under 18 leave it is a bit harsh to all the younger players out there that are trust worthy you cant judge book by cover mate

but they are toys to and extent . . even for rec sport

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X