WE Phantom sight issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Phantom sight issues?

Hi all, owned 2 WE phantom sights now a ACOG and Elcan both of which are awesome sights and well made, the only issues i have with both is that i can not zero it both have very limited elevation adjustment. i previously had a G&P Aimpoint and this can be zeroed really well with lots of adjustment but both WE sight i have owned i need to stack cardboard at the front of the sight about 1.5mm high, and then if it has a doctor sight i need to stack cardboard under the back of that.

Very annoying especially when no other sight i have seen can come close to the picture through WE lenses, just a shame about the adjustment.

Re: WE Phantom sight issues?

Might be a stupid question to ask but have you adjusted your hop before zeroing the gun? I have an Elcan also and had a similar problem until I adjusted the hop. I went from .2s to .25s (or vice versa) without adjusting the hop and I just could not get the scope to get up enough.
    Try adjusting the hop at range with no scope. I find it best to get a friend to fire the gun for you whilst you stand at a 90 degree angle so you can watch the vertical flight of the bb. If it's shooting nice and straight for 40-50m then great. Stick on the scope and zero in then. It may make a huge difference
    The elcan a are very expensive but a great bit of kit (especially with the min dot on top for CQB).
    sigpic

Comment

Yes my hop is adjusted fine.

Comment

Are they mounted with QD levers? I often find with these the sight can sit a tad off to the left and right. That would obviously make it pretty difficult to zero correctly.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
        Working...
        X