TM M14...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14...

I'm probably going to end up getting one (SOCOM), but can't say I'm a fan of the Japanese FPS...

Would the internals be compromised if I upped the FPS to 350?

Or can the internals manage fine with the higher power spring?

Also, would sticking a TBB in there be worth it?
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: TM M14...

I have a unknown brand M14(tm clone) and it has a m130 in it putting out around 430fps on a .2. As well as the spring i upgraded the folowing;
    New gears,
    Bushing(7mm don't want 7mm Bearings)
    spring guide,
    piston full metal teeth,
    piston head,
    nozzle
    Lonex A2 as original motor wouldn't even half cock it

I did get a new cylinder head but i broke it. I also fitted a fet and a guarder clear rubber as well as a few other things. Its locked to semi now but on auto does 17 rps.

I wouldn't bother with a tbb to start off with. Wide bores are apparently more accurate due to a larger cushion of air they are also more forgiving for things getting in the barrel.
    Hope that helped. If you need any help drop me a pm.

Also the motor cage on mine was terrible and none adjustable I had to grid it down to get the lonex motor to fit and even now it has horrible gear whine. Even though the gears have been shimmed
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

When it comes to TM, I want to keep it stock as much as possible. The range is already maxed out at the factory (hence why they're so good out of the box). The fps is just so low.
      sigpic
      "I are God, lol."

Comment

I know a couple of people running higher FPS in their TM M14s; one at 430 and one at 350...both are otherwise stock apart from a new hop rubber. So I'd say you're good to go with it.

Comment

The difference between 300 and 350fps in terms of range is barely noticeable, certainly less than 5m. Out of the box the tm m14 is fantasic.

Comment

I've got a CYMA M14 which out the box does about 335. It's pretty damn good for a marui clone if that helps you make up your mind.

My mate and I bought a stack of cyma AKs, thompsons and m14s when the exchange rate was really in our favour (worked out about £70 per gun) and none of them have broken yet!

Comment

I've had both the long and the socom TM's , the long was up'ed to 320ish the socom left stock and to be honest only difference was the BBs were a little bit fast down range and delivered a slightly harder hit on target (which you'd expect any way!) no real increase in range (a metre or two ?) nothing else was changed in the long apart from the spring , it's now about 5-6yr old ? and with its third owner (a team mate) and still running fine , plus if you've never worked on a 14 before changing the spring is a real ball ache !
              From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Originally posted by WillGreen View Post
                When it comes to TM, I want to keep it stock as much as possible. The range is already maxed out at the factory (hence why they're so good out of the box). The fps is just so low.
                I think you, like many people, suffer from 'Clarkson Syndrome'. The assumption that whacking a bigger engine (spring) in something and making it have more 'power' is the only way to go.

Put in a tightbore, improve the airseals around certain parts of the gun and you could easily squeeze out a few more FPS while keeping the base internals of the gun happy. Add in some better weight ammo and it will consistently range or even out range many other guns that people are using at higher FPS. Touching the gearbox is only really needed if you plan to have it 400fps and over while locking it to semi etc.

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

A tightbore and bearing spring guide made my FPS jump from 345 to 375 (JG P90)! It can make a world of difference.

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                    I think you, like many people, suffer from 'Clarkson Syndrome'. The assumption that whacking a bigger engine (spring) in something and making it have more 'power' is the only way to go.

Put in a tightbore, improve the airseals around certain parts of the gun and you could easily squeeze out a few more FPS while keeping the base internals of the gun happy. Add in some better weight ammo and it will consistently range or even out range many other guns that people are using at higher FPS. Touching the gearbox is only really needed if you plan to have it 400fps and over while locking it to semi etc.

'FireKnife'
                    It's the amount of time from A - B I'm worried about as well as people actually feeling it (considering how much stuff, myself included, some people wear).

If I can indeed up the fps (maybe to about the 320 mark) just by dropping in a TBB and improving some of the seals, I'd be well happy.

How much difference in terms of range/accuracy will a TBB make? I hear there already shit-hot on accuracy stock.
                    sigpic
                    "I are God, lol."

Comment

I can't comment, I replaced my crappy brass barrel and clone hop up with a tightbore and genuine TM hop up with a H nub, so there was a MASSIVE improvement immediately.

Comment

If you fitted them both at the same time, though, was it the barrel or hop that made the most difference. :S
                        sigpic
                        "I are God, lol."

Comment

That's what I mean, I can't comment lol

Comment

But you did comment.

*Ahem*

Hopefully someone else can answer, though. I want to keep as much Japanese Fairy Dust in the gun as possible.
                            sigpic
                            "I are God, lol."

Comment

Don't believe the fairy dust thing! My TM hop up came in pieces. As long as your assemble everything carefully, ensure everything that should be tight is tight, and you minimise possible air seal leaks, you should be able strip and rebuild any TM parts to an equal or better level (because you aren't limited to a production time).

I was just replying 😋 didn't want to leave you hanging. To be fair, I fitted the barrel first, but only put half a mag through it, there was an issue with my clone hope that's now rectified, but I couldn't gauge the accuracy of the TB over my crappy brass one due to wildly inconsistent hop.

For the record, JG had ommited a small o-ring that locks the hop adjuster! Simple fix, but until I got the TM kit, I didn't even know it was meant to have one! It's now pretty accurate, not quite on par with the TM, but close.

Easiest way to find out is suck it and see dude!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                              Working...
                              X