Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

So preorders have begun for the ASG Scorpion EVO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So preorders have begun for the ASG Scorpion EVO...

Now, I've followed this gun for a long time, 2012 it feels like, and I even remember distinctly worrying it'll be vaporware and come out long after I have lost interest. Now, it's so close I can literally put money down on it.

Literally put 400 quid down for the gun and like 3 extra midcaps, that is.

Before I buy this though, I was just wondering--are there any better uses of 400 of the Queen's finest Pounds in the SMG department right now?

Re: So preorders have begun for the ASG Scorpion EVO...

Before you spend that much wouldn't you like to know who manufactured it. Last time I checked ASG only rebrand things. And since it isn't a TM rebrand it's probably cybergun or Echo 1. Neither of which I would be happy investing in myself.

Edit: Upon further research they say it is produced by them, in Denmark.

Comment

Yes made in Denmark, there is something reassuring about an AEG made in Europe.
      Airsoft gear, outside TM stuff, isnt exactly known
      for bullet proof reliability really. Theres just something I trust more about an EU made gun.
      Im interested in this gun a lot, seems to have all the features of a TM recoil but £100-200 less.

Comment

Am going to let the guinea pigs test it and reveiw it before parting with my hard earned for this gun .

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
          Before you spend that much wouldn't you like to know who manufactured it. Last time I checked ASG only rebrand things. And since it isn't a TM rebrand it's probably cybergun or Echo 1. Neither of which I would be happy investing in myself.
          Are you saying Cybergun and Echo1 are manufacturers?

Originally posted by Real_Thesman View Post
          Im interested in this gun a lot, seems to have all the features of a TM recoil but £100-200 less.
          Well, except have any recoil or blowback.

It does some stuff the TM guns don't so it beats them in some areas, but IMHO the gun having a recoil feature is fairly important if you're going to compare it to a TM recoil shock gun.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I believe both of those do yes. However they do both like ASG rebrand most of their range.

Comment

I like the features i.e empty magazine detection, quick spring change, EU made etc. but I'm not overly fond of the look of the thing. I don't think there's much else on the market to compare it to, so if you like the look of it I'd say go for it, and let us know what you think of it.

Also I'm fairly sure that Cybergun don't actually make any of their products, though Echo1 seem to have a few items made for them which aren't available from OEM producers.

Comment

It seems like a great piece of kit, I'm looking forward to reading the reviews with envy!

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

Truth be told videogames have soured me on the whole concept of a preorder. Plus I think about the early adopter issues that aren't exactly exclusive to airsoft but still present (anyone here owned a gen 1 APS UAR?), and I'm more than wary.

I do love the look and I have reasonable confidence that the premium price will reflect a premium product. But I have never paid this much for an airsoft gun before--no scratch that I bought a G&P Stoner for that much--and MP5s can be had for like a hundred and fifty.

Waiting for reviews is probably the best bet. I just hope airsoft reviews hasn't gone corporate like videogame reviews yet...

Comment

I know completely what you mean! Dead Island, pre-order. Aliens: Conial Marines, pre-order. Both are now £5 bargain bin rejects. Hell, Colonial Marines was reduced to a fiver within a month at Asda! Damn you, Gearbox!

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

Ermm pre-orders have been available for over a month!

One particular store (which is where i've ordered mine from) has the 3 mag pack included in the £360 price.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
                        I believe both of those do yes. However they do both like ASG rebrand most of their range.
                        Cybergun are a rebranding company, they've never made anything. Echo 1 take Chinese guns, add their own trades and extras, and sell it as their own. They appear to be a manufacturer, but aren't really. ASG was always a rebrand company like Cybergun, but the Scorpion is manufactured by them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
                        Working...
                        X