Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Flip to the side magnifiers - are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip to the side magnifiers - are they any good?

Hello all,

I'm again hunting for a magnified sight and wondering if the flip to the side magnifiers are any good?

Iv had in the past an acog which I liked but wanted something that was more cqb focused as I'd be using the iron sites more than anything, plus the eye relief was crap.

Then went with a spectre Dr with the adjustable zoom which was epic as was the eye relief but I sold as found it to be a bit big on my rifle.

I have heard in the past that the magnifiers are rubbish and not practical at all but I think for what I want they seem perfect.

90% of the time I don't want any magnification so I want to be able to use a nice rds but then when I need the zoom I could just flip it over quick so in theory there exactly what I'm looking for but anyone who has experience with them could you let me know if they are good the have and use or are they more for the looks?

Re: Flip to the side magnifiers - are they any good?

There was quite in depth-discussion about this about three or four weeks ago. Loads of feedback from users, but the general concensus on the while was that they are more for looks than anything, unless you get the genuine article.

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!

Comment

I have a single side-twist to remove mount . one single ring
      its a 30mm ring , and therefore will fit some of the more common magnifiers, or 'doublers'
      this is just a mount and its not expensive and its only 50mm long at most, on the weaver rail, would recommend getting one to anyone, because you can then put almost anything anywhere and see what works or doesn't for you , it even lets met snap fit and remove a T6 torch 8)
      sigpic.
      Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
      Especially mine.

Comment

My experience of the FTS magnifiers has been poor, tried 3 in total. 1st was reasonable mag but the mount itself was very poor, would not aligned with red dot and to much movement on the ris. 2nd much better mount but the mag was at best x2/2.5, not enough for the extra weight. 3rd and last was the best, mount was good and could be aligned correctly for the sight (Comp M4 red dot) and the mag was true x3 but still found the x3 mag not great enough to be useful unlike x4 or higher. The last set up was bought as a sight/Mag combo so cost more than the first 2. The other thing is most magnifiers aren't that much smaller than an acog and then you have eotech/red dot in front so size wise if you found the spectre to big then the FTS will be worse. Try a VisionKing 1.5/5x26, excellent for mag at x5 and at x1.5 useable for cqb

Comment

Sorry if this has already been discussed recently. I did have a quick search before but on my phone so crap to find things.

I didn't even think about the fact the size would be the same as a spectre lol. I'll definitely have have a look at the visionking, cheers mate

Comment

Here's the link for the previous thread and my 2 cents about the visionking scope that I luuuuurve soo much more than any rds and fts mag.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...s-and-EOTech-s
            sigpic

Comment

They look awesome mate. Watched a review on them as well and the eye relief is bad ass as well.

How do you change the zoom on them mate?

Comment

The zoom is on a very smooth ring just infront of where the eye objective gets thinner in my bottom pic it's the ring that's got the numbers horizontally theres no click between any zoom just a very fluid movement zoom from 1.5 all way through to 5 so nothing like the elcan either or zoom setup.
                sigpic

Comment

So what are you actually after?

you want a magnifier , IE a 'doubler ' or better to use BEFORE the low mag or zero mag sights,
                  a proper side mount will allow you to swing out the sight,
                  otherwise we're talking stupidity

mount that you can't take off and optic working the same way?

a swivel mount works , but what are you doing opticwise?

are we really talking bizarre crap ?
                  sigpic.
                  Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                  Especially mine.

Comment

Haha no not crazy at all.

Ideally a zero mag rds with a magnifier/doubler that can added quickly when needed

I really only want the magnification for the odd 10% of time I can't spot sneaky's hiding in bushes etc. The rest of the time I prefer a rds as the sites I play are mostly cqb'ish.

Never heard of a swivel mount? I'll have a look at them. I take it you can take the magnifier off the rifle completely but quickly?

Comment

Is a swivel mount a flip to the side mount? I pictured it in my head you could leave the base on the gun then like twist the magnifier on or off

Comment

The 552 looks better with flip magnifier

image.jpg

image.jpg

sigpic
                        OHHH BEHAVE!!
                        GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
                        YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                          There was quite in depth-discussion about this about three or four weeks ago. Loads of feedback from users, but the general concensus on the while was that they are more for looks than anything, unless you get the genuine article.

Sent on Tapatalk, apologies for spelling!
                          Here is said thread, lots of useful insights.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...s-and-EOTech-s

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigZee87 Find out more about BigZee87
                          Working...
                          X