UK Border Force (UKBF) awaiting customs clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Border Force (UKBF) awaiting customs clearance

I've ordered a gun from an over sea's company and I've been told by parcel force that my parcel is currently awaiting customs clearance from UK Border Force (UKBF).

Has anyone been in this situation before, how long does it normally take? They've had it since the 30th of June and I'm wondering long they will have it for.

Re: UK Border Force (UKBF) awaiting customs clearance

Call them up and ask them. Let them know you have a defence for purchasing it (assuming you have).

Be prepared to get your wallet out or kiss it bye-bye, though.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Comment

I've had parcels take a while to get out of customs just wait and if it takes much longer ring them.

The company normally sort out UKARA etc so I wouldn't worry about that.

But yes you might have to pay abit for customs charges.

Comment

Did you put UKARA number on box and HS code these tell customs what they are.
        global harmonized codes help customs identify what is in consignment and also lets them know what or if any tax is due on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkeredsphinx View Post
          Did you put UKARA number on box and HS code these tell customs what they are.
          global harmonized codes help customs identify what is in consignment and also lets them know what or if any tax is due on them.
          The UKARA code was specified with the order but there is a chance the retailer forgot to do this. I'm unsure what you mean by HS code? is this something the retailer would do?
          Last edited by Eritey; 8 July, 2014, 15:24.

Comment

they should do on goods imported from non EU to any EU country.
            sure you can ask for it to be put on, I only know about HS for work and exporting goods globally. so it should work the other way around.
            HS Codes are for those shipping the goods and as said they show what categories the goods come under.

9503 00 81 (Toy Weapon scaled model recreation or not)
            [93] HS Code 9304 Other arms ( e.g. spring, air or gas guns & pistols, truncheons ).
            more likely to be the second option.

The UKARA number should be enough but customs are a law to themselves only the Queen can command them to do something. (don't quote me)
            customs will take a while to go over shipment if they want don't panic as long as the shipper got your name and address correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkeredsphinx View Post
              they should do on goods imported from non EU to any EU country.
              sure you can ask for it to be put on, I only know about HS for work and exporting goods globally. so it should work the other way around.
              HS Codes are for those shipping the goods and as said they show what categories the goods come under.

9503 00 81 (Toy Weapon scaled model recreation or not)
              [93] HS Code 9304 Other arms ( e.g. spring, air or gas guns & pistols, truncheons ).
              more likely to be the second option.

The UKARA number should be enough but customs are a law to themselves only the Queen can command them to do something. (don't quote me)
              customs will take a while to go over shipment if they want don't panic as long as the shipper got your name and address correct.

So I'm best just to sit back and hope they hurry up with it?

Comment

its customs, hurry up and wait could be a motto for the service they provide.
                I would ring parcel force and check on status of delivery ask if anything is holding it up.

Comment

Mine have sat in customs for up to 2 weeks. Very annoying to pay over $100 on shipping just to have it take near a month to get to your door.

Comment

yes definately ring them ,I did after I got fed up with waiting and they then sent my aeg out that day !

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPulling View Post
                      yes definately ring them ,I did after I got fed up with waiting and they then sent my aeg out that day !
                      What number did you contact them on?

Comment

and then sometimes they decide to do this:

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by JCheeseright View Post
                          and then sometimes they decide to do this:

good luck!
                          That's a slight wait on it clearing customs!

Comment

Try this number for the coventry depot .... 08456004781.

Comment

Don't bother calling Customs. They are a law unto themselves. You can call them and demand they release your parcel but you're wasting your time. Be patient and let them do their job. Remember, your parcel isn't the only one going into the UK. Customs is not a customer care branch of Parcel Force, their job is to ensure the security of our country via any means of entering. It's like telling a Police Inspector who's working on a case to work faster... It doesn't go down well.

If you forget your defence against prosecution for importing, simply await the letter stating your RIF has been seized unless you can provide said defence.

The only time in nearly 8 years of airsoft that I've ever called customs was due to customs physically telling me to call them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Eritey Find out more about Eritey
                              Working...
                              X