Anyone who can help me convert my Rifle to a DMR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who can help me convert my Rifle to a DMR

So i am planning to convert my G&G Combat Machine R8-L into a DMR style weapon, i know for sure that i will need a new barrel and spring, what barrel and spring i should get is one of the main question at the moment i guess.

I don't know much about internals of Airsoft guns so i just need a little help as to what i should change in the stock gun i currently have. Bear in mind i want something that will work on GZ Woodland at there semi auto rifle limit, i dont mind so much about GZ Urban but make sure it is a locked Semi-Auto and that it can shoot VERY VERY FAR. To my knowledge the GZ Woodland limits are 450 FPS at Semi-Auto, that is my limit.

Make sure the guns parts are reliable and please make them so that i can source them from a trusted supplier.

I will be doing a lot of research soon so that i can understand Airsoft guns better, if someone could be so kind as to explain, in fairly simple terms the inner workings of an Airsoft gun that would be great as i have very little knowledge.

Most of you guys are a hell of a lot more experienced than i am so you will be allot better at telling me the best kit.

Also do you know if Zero One can or will change internal gun parts for me as i am i little paranoid that i will fuck it up, despite that i have built multiple computers in my life which i would imagine are easy to fuck up than Airsoft guns.

One final question, does anyone know any good light weight medium to low priced PDW / SMG style weapons that i could run at GZ Urban and with my DMR at GZ Woodland.

(Edit)Or is it worth me getting a new gun entirely. I have seen the G&G GR25 which could act as a new gun

(Edit)Forgot to mention my budget is £300

Thanks in advance!

ManBearGoatPig
    Spencer Skinner

Here is my current gun!
    create_image.jpg
    Last edited by ManBearGoatPig; 27 July, 2014, 21:52.
    Current Loadout:
    G&G Combat Machine CM16 R8-L

My Station:

Selling: Tamiya Gravel Hound R/C Car 1/10 Scale

Re: Anyone who can help me convert my Rifle to a DMR

You'll want:

Gearbox:
    M110+ spring
    Decent Gear set
    Decent Piston
    Decent Bearings (Not bushings)

Range:
    Decent quality barrel, (not always a tight bore, finish of the barrel is worth more than the diameter)
    Flat nub
    Decent hop rubber (Hard)

You'll want to lock it to Semi, Id recommend doing it both physically, and electronically.

If you haven't had a look inside any gun before, don't start with a DMR. They take a lot of fiddling, a lot of open and closing, to get it just right, and you'll get the hump with it if its a first time learning experience!

Comment

Yeh, i pick things up fairly quickly so if i watch some stuff read some stuff and fiddle about i should get to learn a little bit. I will need to learn some stuff about the parts, like Flat Nub has me confused. I would be looking at probably an 130 spring at tops from what i already know, i agree with what you said about the barrel, i might see if i can get a miracle barrel, i have been told and heard a lot of good things about the Miracle Barrel. Beyond that i am a little stuck, i dont want to go overhaul and rebuild the entire internals but i do want a good gun, i reckon my price cap is around £300 for the internals and for exterior parts that's another problem for later i would assume that the gears and motor would be fine so long as they can pull the spring back and make the gun fire, because i will never be going full auto. Now you come to say it the Hop will definitely need changing seeing as it has such an effect on the round as-well as the piston, again as you said.

For the intial rebuild of the internals i would probably go to Zero One and get them to do it so that i don't completely mess it up. I would assume that it would mainly be the hop that needs adjusting beyond that point.

As i say i am open to all ideas, just i prefer to stay back in the field and engage from a distance, but i still want to be able to fire quick successive shots as you can from a DMR.

Locking to semi, i have no clue how to do this, so that will definitely be a place for me to start in this whole thing.

Also i may need specifics as to parts because i dont really know what is good or bad, i know that tight bores and miracle barrels are good so long as they are of a high quality build with, as you said, a nice finish. I am fairly good with the spring being a M120 or M130. As for Gears, Hops, Flat Nubs (whatever they are), bearings, pistons and locking i am fairly clueless as to companies and types to purchase.

Again though as i said i need it to be within £300.

Thanks agian

(Edit)Found out what the Flat Nub it is effectively just a flat hop, the stuff i have seen about it says it works very well with the miracle barrel, it just provides a better force on the BB and makes it travel at a more stable rate and gives it a better back spin.
      Last edited by ManBearGoatPig; 27 July, 2014, 22:18.
      Current Loadout:

My Station:

Comment

Polar star or Wolverine SMP.....HPA is the way forward
        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Just pur a big 400fps spring in and drive a nail through the fire select so you cant select full auto, your gun is now DMR :D

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

What fps is it firing at now? Doesn't really need a longer barrel, just up the fps and lock to semi.

and with a budget like that i'd just buy another gun.
            For Sale
            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

currently firing 328 FPS and the budget covers scopes and stuff like that, i need to edit that in.
              Current Loadout:

My Station:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ManBearGoatPig Find out more about ManBearGoatPig
              Working...
              X