Pistols with ridiculous range...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistols with ridiculous range...

I recently bought a pistol of someone on here (Caldymoose - great service, btw), and finally took it out Sunday.

A KWA USP .45.

I didn't actually use it during a game, as we were playing woodland, so it never really got close enough to switch from M14 to pistol.

When we got back to my local (a few regulars from said local got together and we all went to AWA Herts) at the end of the day, I had half a mag of .25s left (I let a friend borrow it when his gun went down).

I decided to empty it as I (personally) hadn't fired it outside. I stood at one end of my local, aimed down the 'valley' and pulled the trigger. To my surprise, the BB flew the ENTIRE length of the site and would have still carried on if there hadn't been trees in the way - this was with lift, so I'm going to start using .3s in it.

The range was consistent and accurate. With .3s, I think I'd easily be able to shoot the length of the site with minimal lift on the BB (to be tested).

Anybody else ever been surprised by a ridiculous amount of range from a pistol? This one out-ranges my TM M14 Socom...
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: Pistols with ridiculous range...

Tm mk.23 socom's seem to be the weapon of choice on the airsoft sniper forum. Their non blowback and run a large barrel. With upgrades their potential range is huge.

Comment

My gold Desert Eagle (what else would I say?). Besides being metal and plated, it's decked out to shiznickel inside. Not a single other pistol that I've owned has been able to perform as well as it.
      Problem is I can't use it in a skirmish so it sits in it's box most of the time.

Comment

My Rwl nighthawk has stupid range for a pistol yes it's co2 but it's only putting out 340fps on .20g bbs the first time I had to use it I was really surprised prob not as much as the guy who thought he was out of pistol range lol

Comment

TM hicapa.
          Nuff said. :p
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

It had a brilliant hop unit/rubber in there and likes heavy ammo....

Glad you like it still then! :D
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I sometime play with dual TM desert eagles. They are ideal for cqb really but took em to a fibua site and ended up using them at longer distances that I hadn't planned on engaging. A Marshall was stood next to me and we were both amazed to see I outranged 4 guys stood together using eags. Guy asked what upgraded if done to which I said nowt! Strangely they are incredibly accurate as well! I brought them more for they're looks but I have to say the performance is just freakin ridiculous
              If you think the heats been getting to me or I've been inhaling too much green gas take a look at this print screen from a review by epicHD. The d'eagle is running .3s and the a4 sized target is 30 meters away! You can see how small a4 is at that range in the pic and how accurate the shots are
              http://youtu.be/iC_Q7aBfTAQ

Incredible grouping...
              Last edited by Blackheart; 29 July, 2014, 15:54.
              sigpic

Comment

KWA HK.45 Shoots bloody miles very impressed with it.

I agree on the Desert Eagles its generally down to their hop design, its far more similar internally to a VSR hop unit than anything else. The hop arm is so stable and supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                  I sometime play with dual TM desert eagles. They are ideal for cqb really but took em to a fibua site and ended up using them at longer distances that I hadn't planned on engaging. A Marshall was stood next to me and we were both amazed to see I outranged 4 guys stood together using eags. Guy asked what upgraded if done to which I said nowt! Strangely they are incredibly accurate as well! I brought them more for they're looks but I have to say the performance is just freakin ridiculous
                  If you think the heats been getting to me or I've been inhaling too much green gas take a look at this print screen from a review by epicHD. The d'eagle is running .3s and the a4 sized target is 30 meters away! You can see how small a4 is at that range in the pic and how accurate the shots are
                  http://youtu.be/iC_Q7aBfTAQ

Incredible grouping...
                  You're right on with that bud, there's something about the TM DE's that make them unique. My gold plated one reaches out really far and even before it was plated it was still the shit. I love my handguns, been through loads of various models but there's something just so satisfying about using the TM DE. My favourite handguns are the 1911 AMT Hardballer longslide, the .40 Glock (forget the model number), the Glock 17 and any big ass revolver. I'd pick any one of those over the Desert Eagle, but none of the ones that I ever owned performed as well so guess us DE guys have to stick to having performance at the expense of weight and general bulkiness.

Comment

Desert eagle. I just start grinning as I pull the trigger.

Willgreen, when your hop rubber goes all you will be able to hit with your usp is low flying aircraft. Sadly this is what my glock current does!
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I've a KWA HK45 had it almost 2yrs the range is crazy can out range all lot of aeg rifles I've had a good few kill at 60m + I use 0.28g bb's with it they seem to be the best for range and accuracy and its got one hell of a kick too .

Comment

Wasn't surprised but mk23 is fantastic . Also found that tk twist barrel I fit in my capa pretty impressive with a falcon hop too .

Comment

My TM glock is immense, i fitted a PGC slide and put it in a carbine kit, just to make use of the silly range and accuracy. It is easily my longest ranging gun
                          -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

@kodiak, what internal upgrades did you make on your DE?

also what upgrades are available for the ASG MK23?
                            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Theres only two really.

TB Barrel
                              Firefly Piston Head

Internally anyway

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                              Working...