Anyone collect Model Guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone collect Model Guns?

Anyone collect Model Guns? Not a trick question - if you do, you'll know what I mean (Shell Ejecting Blank Fire Blowback Replicas).

Are they worth the cost?

Re: Anyone collect Model Guns?

yes i do i have 2 m16a1s and one m1 garand they are great fun but not really good for long term and hard use you need to be rather careful with them and they need regular oiling and the cleaning of all the little shells times quite some time , about 5-10 for each one and when your firing 30-50 rounds well you do the math. i have bought countless replacement parts but in the end i have got myself real inner parts like bolt release and trigger and things which i am allowed as i have a gun license off a real ar-15 but fit fine with some adjusting and will work forever as they are made from proper steel unlike the zinc metal you get with MGC or marushin rifles i have the same problem with my m1 garand to be honest

hope this helps

Comment

Cheers. Just fancy getting one fer a giggle! Sounds like high-maintenance though. :D

Comment

as said above, I have a M16 Vietnam one, very nice and good "model" but I have to oil and clean regular. It is nice cocking a working action, forwarding the bolt etc. They are also used in a few films, seen my type in Rambo 2 and Full Metal Jacket.
        sigpicTeam Fail..SPOOK

Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100922

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
        Working...
        X