Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka Kar98

Hiya guys,

Looking into getting a tanaka kar98 for either a new SS loadout (Please don't give me a headache about 'The wrongs of portraying the SS' uniform') OR a French resistance loadout. Anyhow I was just wondering what upgraDES I would need or the tanaka kar98. I was thinking internal wise maybe a tight bore or possibly a TK Twist(?) and a new hop. Anymore you can think of?

Cheers guys.

Re: Tanaka Kar98

bgs hop is all you need if you plan to upgrade. Although i never had any problems atall with my kar98 it shot straight and far!

Comment

Awesome thanks mate. I was just wondering can you put high flow valves in the mags?

Comment

Sorry I missed the edit time. After looking around for BGS hop I have found there pretty rare. If anyone knows were I can get one please can you drop me a PM?
        Ta.

Comment

Have never even heard of that hop
          When I had my k98, it shot for bloody miles on the stock hop, accurate with iron sights ( the scope is crap btw ).

You wont need high flow valves.... Mine chrono'd at 595 at a cold room temp.

Comment

krayzee - speak to Sgt.Heide on comrades in arms forum he imports them. it takes around 1000 rounds to bed in apparently:-(

I wouldnt bother touching the gun to be honest.. its a well setup gun and is both accurate and shoots for miles!

Comment

yep as above really, unfortunalty there is no real upgrades you can get for the K98

ive found its a very skirmishable gun, tho if your looking for a 'sniper' i dont think it performs well enough

You can get the BGS hop set, as above speak to sgt.heide on the CIA forum. They are around 50 quid and a bit difficult to install, but oh so worth it. You may have to wait a while tho as i beleive he only orders them in batches every few months or so.

they do shoot quite hot on green, and on ultra for that matter, so its usualy 134a in the summer. If you can get hold of them, steel mag striker plates are worth the investment aswell....

Comment

Thankyou guys! Can't wait to get my hands on one now. Just a quickie. 2 of you said it shoots for miles and is very accurate however jinny doesn't think it would be good in the sniper role? How come?

Comment

I suppose finding a good scope is difficult, not very upgradeable, shell ejecting 5 round clip could be a few of the reasons. Extra shells are expensive too
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

The tanaka isnt shell ejector, thats the Dboys spring version. If I remember right the Tanankas are mag fed? If you have a nosy round on some HK sites oR SOVereign sites and you can find K98 scopes, have seen a few there myself in past months.
                    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Yeah that's right liquid. Not sure if i will get a scope for it though. Just use the irons.

Comment

Are the DBoys Kar98s still available? I'd like to get one for my Grandad really...

Comment

I think a certain world of Airsoft still does them.

Comment

Bah they havnt had them in ages, tbh having searched for one myself not so many moons ago your best bet is a wanted thread on here.You could always import of course but a lot fo hassle for maybe as little as a tenner saved. Out of interest krayzee have you checked whether you need a scope mount for the Tanaka? Would be pure hateful to buya scope and then have no way to mount!
                            Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

I wouldnt bother with the dboys kar98 ... pointless and useless I dropped one of my vsr's into the stock and works a treat. Getting more difficult to find now as most people are doing the vsr conversion

Scope on for the tanaka is from what ive heard not very good and difficult to get a hold of

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Krayzee Find out more about Krayzee
                              Working...
                              X