What to expect at a milsim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect at a milsim?

I'm hoping to attend (or at least book) some kind of milsim soon. Up until now I've only skirmished, and I'm wondering what I should expect?

Besides the obvious (straight through with no breaks, carry your gear and supplies, sleep with team, hopefully better communications and teamwork, maybe command structure), what should I be expecting?

I saw a post on reddit indicating the successful milsim players were the ones most squared away, presumably in terms of gear (or more importantly, knowing how to use it!), but also I guess mentally?

For example pulling a shift on security, rather than being assigned a fun mission. How does that generally play out?

Re: What to expect at a milsim?

Awesomeness. Excessive amounts of awesomeness.

In more detail, expect structured games over a protracted period that will involve a multitude of objectives and a varied way of achieving them. Carry as much or as little as you like, just dont expect your hand held.

More than any other type of airsoft game, you get out what you put in.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Just did one this weekend for the first time. Was a 24hr op at Battle Lakes in Kent. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Our camp got raided at 12am, and then again when we were just waking up at 6(we weren't planning to sleep, but there was torrential rain all night so wasn't much fighting going on). We allied with the nearby civilian team, who later betrayed us and joined the opposition, attacking us from the rear as we raided the enemies camp.

Heading home I was soaked to the bone, all my kit was wrecked, and my guns rusted, but hell I would do it all over again tomorrow if I could. Just make sure to take a basher that doesn't bloody leak!

Comment

Best airsoft game I've ever played was a Tier1 48hr MilSim (Stanta, last year).
        Started operations at about midnight and spent almost 5 hours manoeuvring into position/laying up, prior to a dawn attack...pouring rain, cold, stood in a field, but that set the scene for an amazing event. Like Coski, I'd do it all again without hesitation.
        You just have to commit and immerse yourself to get the most back.
        h e y d r i c h
        L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Originally posted by heydrich View Post
          Best airsoft game I've ever played was a Tier1 48hr MilSim (Stanta, last year).
          Started operations at about midnight and spent almost 5 hours manoeuvring into position/laying up, prior to a dawn attack...pouring rain, cold, stood in a field, but that set the scene for an amazing event. Like Coski, I'd do it all again without hesitation.
          You just have to commit and immerse yourself to get the most back.

Totally agree about needing to fully commit. We had a few guys on our team who just sat in base on their phones most of the time, and at night they went and slept in their cars because of the rain!

Comment

I need to get amongst milsim! Stirling Airsoft games seem to be few and far between. Anyone aware of any other good places?

Comment

Can you recommend a good event/company to start out with?
              Thunder Ranch do single milsim days, which I hoped would be a good introduction as I would need less gear, but they appear to have cancelled their forthcoming events

Comment

Tier 1 , 36 hour full immersion milsim. As good as it gets .

Comment

whens the next Tier 1 Milsim?

I've been wanting to try a Milsim for ages, just never found one to go to!

Comment

Stirling. Go Stirling. Also, you can make any game more milsim by being very particular with your kit, your playing, and your loadout. It won't be the same, but will make it more interesting than a regular skirmish!

Comment

I reckon i'll head down to the Stirling game at The Sandpit at the end of the month; do they play through the night, or is it just 2 separate day games?

Comment

Stirling are awesome, the level of detail and effort they put in is incredible. Well worth getting along to one of they're events.
                        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                        Life in the fast lane........
                        sigpic

Comment

Stirling usually have something going on all night but you are not forced to do so if you wish to sleep

Comment

Im doing the england v scotland game in december? Anyone else done it before?.. just wondering what type of scenarios to expect!

Comment

My best milsim was a 43hr jobby, carried everything we needed & it pissed down for about half of it.........& I loved it lol, took me back to when I did this stuff for real.
                              What did surprise me was how many players wimped out, imaginary emergencies at home, & most of 'em were half my age, lightweights.
                              Yep, you need to be committed for the longer games, suitable kit to get you through prob most important, but at the same time not overloading yourself, plus water is where many people fall flat, literally.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olem Find out more about Olem
                              Working...
                              X