Our World war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our World war

What did everyone think of "Our World War" on BBC3, for me, it was far and away, the best war drama I've ever seen, to say it was brutal, doesn't even begin to describe it, and to think that it was all based on eyewitness accounts and actual diaries was quite chilling, and then, to actually play short interviews with some of the guys themselves, recorded years after the events took place was a masterstroke, a brilliantly entertaining and informative take, on what really was, "our world war", well done the BBC.
    Last edited by steve grey; 23 August, 2014, 10:37.
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Re: Our World war

I thought it was utter shit.

Comment

Everyone's entitled to an opinion Aaron, but I can't imagine why you'd think that ..most people I've spoken to loved it, but there you go..
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

I thought it was excellent! As you said Steve, best war drama I've seen. I often find WW1 dramas either too fantastical or too much like a documentary. This had the perfect balance.

The first episode was my favourite. The fact that man willingly stayed behind with the MG to hold the Germans off was incredibly moving. And the fact that he got shot multiple times, then in the head, and then managed to destroy the MG and survive....well mind blowing!

Comment

Great series.

Loved all of them. But he first was just by far the best.
          TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
          Working...
          X