My first milsim game yesterday was not so great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first milsim game yesterday was not so great

Had My first milsim game yesterday was not so great! the hit taking was some of the worst i have ever seen ! i liked the idear of completing objectives playing for 6 hours straight in a great urban site. But! all day it was watching people getting hit then running away. managed to tag some one with my vsr from about 250-260ft away only to see him and his team mates laughing about the bb hitting him in the crutch area!. please dont tell me that the majority of milsim games are like this ! can anyone recommend any good upcoming events ?

Re: My first milsim game yesterday was not so great

I wonder if it would be appropriate, at your discretion, to name and shame the event to prevent other Z1 players from being disappointed and out of pocket.
    I have personally not participated in a milsim game, but it's something I do fancy somewhat...
    ICS L85A2 - KWA Glock 17 - Bravo 22 Merseyside Regular

Comment

Sounds like its just bad players/bad site, did you report them to a marshal? They usually have undercover ones at milsims, saves the hi-vis.
      For Sale
      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

there was only 4-5 marshals to over 100 people, the people who run the sight done there best to make it a good day it was only the players who let everyone down, i thought milsim was for the hardcore airsofter who takes theres hits even if a bb rolls on to there feet lol hope not all milsim games are like that. ive already seen two of my mates leaving the sport for simular issues

Comment

Hit taking can be a pretty site specific quantity. I travel quite a bit for my airsoft and it really varies, and even generally good sites can have a bad day. I really feel for guys who for whatever reason are stuck to just one site. Don't get down on airsoft in general because of a bad experience, if a site gives you two bad games try somewhere else. There are also some teams with a terrible culture that can turn up to an event and wreck it.

As said above, I don't see a problem with naming the site and getting some second opinions. Could be that it was just a bad group of players that day.

Comment

the games were run perfectly!! dont dout the organisers one bit, it was just a batch of iron man airsofters. it took place at longmoor operation firefly i was fighting on the side of the rebels and the opposing team was nato. Some of there team were taking there hits like pro's! im sure not all of my team mates were angels but from my experience it was the worst case of players not taking there hits i have ever seen lol

Comment

Ah crud. I've been eyeing up Longmoor as its pretty close to me. Hopefully its a blip, I was planning to get onto one of their's before the year ended.

Comment

it is a awsome site had some real fun moments,defo should give it ago there would have been better if everyone took there hits lool

Comment

I was there aswell om the Jaffar side. SO many people on Nato where cheating its untrue. I shot a guy in the head 2 rd burst with .28s from my Kriss. He carried on shooting....

3 rounds in the chest from 20 ft away again carried on shooting back...

Oh and to add guess who was running the shop? Mark Wolley. The owner, lier, con man. Special Airsoft Supplies...

Ive played 100x better games there with FCS, Ambush Adventures and Infiltration Airsoft.

Needless to say I will never play with Airborne Airsoft again.

Comment

it was a shocking day ! im glad some more jaffar players have seen this thread! at least we wacked one of the hostages lol

Comment

Noted. Cheers guys. I was looking at the FCS events.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrjackyoung View Post
                        dont dout the organisers one bitl
                        Sorry, but it would be the organizers I would be doubting if I had been there. If they had organized an event with 100 people present (which I'm assuming most would have signed up to participate), then they should have limited numbers (prior), or had more marshals readily available.
                        ICS L85A2 - KWA Glock 17 - Bravo 22 Merseyside Regular

Comment

pity you weren't filming it, to be able to post their shameless non hit taking on youtube is quite therapeutic
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've trained at longmoor a few times with work. I can't comment on how the game is run for Airsoft but if you get a chance to play there do it. An amazing place, second only to Copehill Down

Comment

Just because something is billed as "MilSim" doesn't necessarily mean that's what you'll be getting. MilSim isn't just about how an event is run, it's a player mindset - and if the players don't want to play that way, then all you're going to end up with is a Sunday blatfest. Sad thing is, it only takes a few players who are treating it like a Sunday blatfest to ruin it for everyone else.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mrjackyoung Find out more about Mrjackyoung
                              Working...
                              X