Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIFs and real firearm licences

Hello,

A friend of mine is going to be doing some photo shoots and making music videos for a project he is working on and needs some realistic looking weapons for it. He works for a very large estate and has a full firearm licence for rifles, shotguns etc etc.

He knows I am into airsoft and has asked my help to find him find appropriate RIFs however my own UKARA ran out a long time ago as I dont buy guns very often (no hope of getting ti renewed either as i have moved and havnt played anywhere near by yet).

Will his firearm licence cover him for buying RIFs or does he have to be an airsofter/re-enacter etc etc?
    Last edited by messy; 6 September, 2014, 15:03.

Re: RIFs and real firearm licences

In short no, his firearms licence is irrelevant. If he was an established film studio that may go somewhat towards a defence.

Comment

He could always contacts a prop armoured if he has a budget. They will be able to provide blank firing weapons. Not exactly el-cheapo though

Comment

My dad owns a firearm licence, makes no difference when it comes to buying a RIF BB gun which is a joke In my opinion.

Had to use my ukara to get him gun.

Comment

nuts, thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Dan88 View Post
            My dad owns a firearm licence, makes no difference when it comes to buying a RIF BB gun which is a joke In my opinion.

Had to use my ukara to get him gun.
            Totally illegal, I wouldn't broadcast that.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
              He could always contacts a prop armoured if he has a budget. They will be able to provide blank firing weapons. Not exactly el-cheapo though
              I think he'd probably have a heart attack if he found out how much Bapty & Co, Steve Vickers or John Oxlade would charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                Totally illegal, I wouldn't broadcast that.
                Nope not illegal, if its a formal gift its allowed, in his case it would have been a formal gift. Its a massive loophole that they never fixed
                Current Loadout:
                G&G Combat Machine CM16 R8-L

My Station:

Selling: Tamiya Gravel Hound R/C Car 1/10 Scale

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                  I think he'd probably have a heart attack if he found out how much Bapty & Co, Steve Vickers or John Oxlade would charge.
                  There's other places, charging far less, but it takes a LOT of phoning around (going back to my uni days). But yeah, for small scale projects, it's generally a bit too expensive.

Comment

scale of the production is not relevant look at Tomska on you tube he has RIFs for his shoots. it's a case of the seller being satisfied of the defence of being used in a theatrical production.
                    Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Or you could ask a retailer if they might be able to loan a few of their display guns for the shoot for some advertising / fee. I'm assuming this would be ok as it's essentially like renting a gun on a site?
                      I know freddie wong (in the US) on youtube get's quite a few loaned from various places for a similar deal.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                      Working...
                      X