Collapse

broke my gun in the first 10 seconds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke my gun in the first 10 seconds...

I'm gutted but I'm also a complete tit.

My Classic Army Aug A1 came today which I bought from a member on this forum,

I was stood in my back garden with the gun, barrel facing down, there's a button on the stock and I wasn't sure what it did, so I pushed it and the whole front end of the gun fell out the stock and smashed on the floor! Lol

The only damage was the flash hider falling off, but it snapped off from the barrel, and I can't seem to find an outer barrel anywhere for sale, they still make the CA Aug so I'm assuming parts are available.

The damage isn't massive it's just really frustrating and proving a mare to fix.

Re: broke my gun in the first 10 seconds...

Damn That's unlucky! Those front ends are very heavy so it's easily done. TM front ends are compatible if that helps, or shorty kits/phantom kits seem readily available
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Cheers mate, I didn't know that, I'll look for marui replacement parts.

The shorty kit sounds interesting, I'm undecided on the looks of the phantom kit

Comment

There's nothing more gutting! I bought an ex a brand new clarinet, skinted myself getting her it. Outside the front door I opened the case to show my brother, the bell dropped out and chipped.

Also managed to drop my GF's full metal M4 into the road when the zip on her bag gave out. She only had it a week when that happened! I wasn't popular. Now I ALWAYS clip the support straps closed...

Comment

..earlier this year I dropped my ICS M4 out of my loft whilst in the process of "magpul'n" it,broke the stock off,never fired a shot.......gutter...

Comment

Seems I'm not the only one lol

Comment

Tried to do some interior work to a £3 2-Tone springer handgun. First time opening the interior of an Airsoft gun I took off both screws and then found the problem (BB was dislodging the spring) I the fixed it and put it back together. I the tried go cock it and it literally broke in two and everything went falling to the floor. o_0

Comment

Good on you for not trying to blame the seller, Many would and have tried it.

Front ends come up all the time for AUG's so it shouldn't take long until it is back to normal.

Comment

My dad's friend owns a lathe, I'm thinking of getting him to rethread the outer barrel from the broken point then screwing the flash hider back on,
                  It'll make the outer barrel length say 15mm shorter but it's not the end of the world

Comment

Beware that the metal will be pretty crap quality so retreading it may not work!

Comment

Surely if it's been threaded once by a lathe it'll thread again?

Comment

Dude, I may have a barrel section from my old ca Aug, I'll have a look tomorrow & get back to you.
                        Mark

Comment

Excellent mate.

Let me know buddy. Cheers

Comment

You can buy the outers. They come off my removing the Foregrip and undoing a little Allen screw. You can also buy different length outers for them..:I think a company called Action make them. I've defiantly seen 300mm, 150mm, 125mm and 75mm outer barrels, but I've only seen them abroad. Google 'action AUG outer barrel' or something.

On another note, I'm not sure you could turn new threads on that outer. IIRC the bore widens after the original threads for some reason (I hope that makes sense...hard to put Into words).

Great gun though! Have one myself.

Comment

Cheers mate. Yea I've got the outer off okay, took ages to work out ha.

I'll check these action outer barrels out, I'd rather replace it and do it properly

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                              Working...
                              X