Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: snipers! What are your backups?

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
    You want a good mate with a decent AEG to help you get in position and then baby sit you
    I pay well!
    sigpic
    "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Hi Capa. For all the reasons people choose a Hi Capa

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
        Lol, perhaps you'd better eat your weetabix then if they bit heavy for you......
        The RealSword is about 5kg with battery and a full magazine; that's almost double the weight of your Ares G36K, and a full kilo-and-a-half heavier than your L96 AWS. Your L96 (3.5kg) and MP5K (2.4kg) add up to approximately 6kg of gun, as does my SVD (4.8kg) and P226 (1.1kg). We're both lightweights compared to Fenriz's 7kg+ Mk.14, so I'll split the Weetabix with you.

It doesn't make any difference to the actual point, which is that carrying the extra weight of a second primary is just that - extra weight. Weight slows you down, tires you out, and makes it hard for you to maneuver effectively. If you absolutely have to have fully-automatic fire to repel people you didn't ward off with your primary, a G18C or similar seems to me at least to be greatly preferable to an extra kilo-and-a-half for a SMG that's a full-blown primary in its own right. Watching people shedding kilos of pointless gear over the course of my average skirmish day is a pretty regular occurrence.

I'm not saying you have to limit yourself to a pistol. I am saying that almost all of the time you could conceivably need the firepower of an SMG over a pistol, you're screwed anyway.

Comment

I use a p90 and sometime ditch the sniper, for example outside the village where I'm guaranteed to not be able to use the sniper I set it down and take the p90 in. Get me out of sticky situations regularly

Comment

I tend to use a 500 FPS VSR as back up.

If I can't stalk close enough to tap them with my primary, which is a TM MK23, I'm sometimes forced to pull out a long rifle, which I find annoying.
            “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              I tend to use a 500 FPS VSR as back up.

If I can't stalk close enough to tap them with my primary, which is a TM MK23, I'm sometimes forced to pull out a long rifle, which I find annoying.
              I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Comment

Whichever pistol looks appealing really. Usually either one or two of the following:

TM PX4
                TM 1911 Series 70
                TM HK45

Comment

I now have an MP5K as a backup; previously, I used a Skorpion, but it died.

Comment

WE Glock 34. Previously a pair of Glock 17s. 3 mags for each pistol. Usually enough. If it isn't then I've done something wrong.

Comment

You know what's better than 3 mags for two pistols? 6 mags for one pistol. And maybe use the space from that second pistol for like.... two more mags....
                      Redcon Airsoft Team
                      TheJim : RC-69

Comment

Originally posted by TheJim View Post
                        You know what's better than 3 mags for two pistols? 6 mags for one pistol. And maybe use the space from that second pistol for like.... two more mags....
                        ORRR Pistol mags attached to the bottom of the other 6 mags = 12 mags of ultimate supremacy ^_^

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomdrews Find out more about tomdrews
                        Working...
                        X