X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Midcap magazines - help needed!

I have recently bought an M14 from ARES,
    I got supplied a 160RD midcap that works beautifully with the AEG,
    I want to get more of these 160Rd midcaps however, no one sells them under the brand of ARES & again, on the ARES website (& by word of the enquiries dept. of ARES) they "do not sell a 160 round capacity mid capacity magazine"

This leads me to think that is must be a G&P 160RD midcap?

If anyone has any knowledge on this or any wisdom to share then i would greatly appreciate the help! i havent seen a G&P magazine upclose and theres not an airsoft shop near me that sells them, so its not like i can go and compare the magazine upclose!
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Re: M14 Midcap magazines - help needed!

only mid caps i have that are over 120 rounds mate, are G&P and CA ,

so have a look or google 160 round mid cap

Comment

Some places still sell mags under the name Star.

I've just bought 10 of them, 170 rounds I think.

They're the same mags as the Ares Scar.

Comment

I have just brought some Star/Ares MP5 Mags from Zero One check there

Comment

ooohh thanks guys!! super helpful! i will have a look at Star & G&P
          can anyone tell me the difference between the Star & G&P M14/scar mags?
          the G&P are cheaper and still metal so if they are identical then i will go for them...
          if not, i have no problems with star
          Kiran Payne
          TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

The best M14 mags I've got are the MAG metal ones. They're 190rd and the best finish of any mag I've got. I got mine from HK.

Comment

The best M14 mags are by far and away the TM ones. They only hold 70 rounds, but they work flawlessly.
              Won't work in CA or G&G though, slightly different mag iirc
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                The best M14 mags are by far and away the TM ones. They only hold 70 rounds, but they work flawlessly.
                Won't work in CA or G&G though, slightly different mag iirc
                Im not sure if the mag iirc for the TM is the same as star?
                my local retailer has told me to buy Star however, i cant find anyone who has a Start AND a G&P mag to compare.
                i would love to use 70 RD mags but, the ROF on the EBR is such that 70 would last about 5 seconds on fire. the motor can empty a 1000 RD autowinder in the same time that my mates P90 can empty his 400RD mag...
                I actually need the midcaps for CQB so i guess 70 round mags and a smaller battery might be workable
                Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
                  I have just brought some Star/Ares MP5 Mags from Zero One check there
                  just had a look and zero one only have high caps by the look of it. thanks for your help tho, i can always get the high caps as a compremise
                  Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

I have jsut got myself a M14 too, and have with it, 13 Low Caps, (70 rnds) metal made by TM. These may be going up for sale if tehy are any good to you. AFAIK G&P 160rnd ones fit most M14's. I may get myself some in the future but for now, two Hi Caps will do the trick.

Comment

awsome, let me know if you put the low caps on sale, i may buy them, not sure yet,
                      i cant stand hi caps they rattle roo much =[
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 April, 2010, 14:41. Reason: text type
                      Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

right, i think my problem has been solved.
                        thanks guys,
                        Mods please close
                        Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3V3R Marshalled at ZED Adventures The Mall (RIP). I build ships (proper ones) and I shoot guns (toy ones). Find out more about S3V3R
                        Working...
                        X