Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for a 1911 desert warrior or similar

Hi All

I'm in the market for a 1911 desert warrior or similar and would like some recommendations on what to go for. I wont be adding any extras to the externals of the gun so thats not and issue however I would like a really good quality pistol! I really like the look of the shorter Desert Warrior 4.3 Tokyo Marui or WE and also the Foliage Warrior!

Money isn't an issue and I would also like to pick up 2 extra mags and run it on Propane if possible! I'm pretty new to Airsoft so any help would be very helpful indeed! I am UKARA registered incase anyone was going to ask.

Many thanks - Xray

Re: Recommendations for a 1911 desert warrior or similar

I've an idea get a 4.3 desert warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
      I've an idea get a 4.3 desert warrior.
      From what manufacture?? Is it better to go with TM, WE or Socom ETC??

Comment

well;
        TM - plastic
        WE - metal

if you arent bothered by having a metal gun, or happy to pay for an aftermarket kit if you absolutely have to have metal, get the TM

if you are cheap, or are cheap and want a metal gun then the WE is the route you need to go

i would buy the TM

but, given the choice, and if co2 is fine at your site, i would buy the RWL nightwak custom. one of the best 1911's ive seen
        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

TM or KJW, avoid Socom Gear/WE.

KWA is a left field choice but decent quality.

If you're on a budget I hear that the Army R28 Desert Warrior is a good punt.
          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

WE 1911's are horrible I'm my experience. Go for the TM. I had one for about 2 years, never had a problem with it and it was super reliable. Every time i needed it in game it worked.

KWA make very nice guns, but their 1911 slides are heavy, and on anything other than warm propane they can really struggle.
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

As mentioned on another forum get the TM and see my reasons why.

It sounds like what you want, simple as that.

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I'd go tm but that's my personal preference . Some will tell you WE are just as good ,I wouldn't .

Comment

Don't the TMs struggle to empty a full mag with the single stacks?

Comment

OK TM seems to be in my FAV, but as mentioned on another forum I'm now struggling to find a holster to fit the TM! I use the http://www.blackhawk.com/ platform..

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                      Not in the slightest, only in the cold deeps of winter but then that's most gbb pistols.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Mine never did, unless I was firing off the whole 20 something rounds as fast as humanly possible. For normal use it was fine. That was the Desert Warrior.

Comment

Fair enough, I just remember seeing a Khanseb video of a Series 70 and he said it struggled to empty a mag from a full charge, must have been a one off.

Comment

Guy's can you let me know what holsters you are using, If I cant carry it properly I'll have to stick to my Glock's but really fancy a change with something a bit different and the TM's look really nice!!

Comment

Fair enough, I just remember seeing a Khanseb video of a Series 70 and he said it struggled to empty a mag from a full charge, must have been a one off.
                              Pretty sure he uses 134a in them not green gas

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xrayhead Find out more about xrayhead
                              Working...
                              X