Gas powered or Battery powered airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas powered or Battery powered airsoft

Was just curious as to what style people prefer most.

Personally I prefer Gas powered. More power and quieter. Battery powered I find the motor sound and movements of the parts are too loud and don't pack as much oomph
    So be it, threaten no more! To secure peace is, to prepare for war!

Re: Gas powered or Battery powered airsoft

More power
    I hope not.... FPS limits are all the same really! (Unless you mean because of the kick).

Battery just for the convenience, but I think by the end of the year I'd like to have a Gas M4 in the armoury somewhere.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I prefer GBB pistols over electric - Rifle-wise, AEG I think is a clear winner for me.

GBBRs are to expensive to run, requires hell of a lot of maintenance and not as reliable as their electric sisters.

When GBBRs become more developed, then maybe I'll consider it, but for now I'm sticking with AEGs.

Comment

I suppose the type of gun would be a factor too. I can understand gas rifles are absolute guzzlers compared to pistols

Comment

Originally posted by Chard84 View Post
          Personally I prefer Gas powered. More power and quieter.
          Where on earth did find an aeg louder the a gas rifle, unless its a nbb...

I dont really mind, i would get a gas rifle if i had the time and money, but a i would only use it in the summer i'll stick with my aeg

Comment

Couple of people I know have AEG rifles and the motor sound is quite distinct and prominent.

Just personal taste at the end of the day, I personally don't really like the sound of the motor and gearbox etc

Comment

Ok, well you listen to an aeg at 30 feet and a gas rifle at 30 feet and tell me which one is more easily heard.

Comment

There is a Third Way. Springers.:D
                No batteries to charge, and no gas faffage.

Comment

Nay! - No semi/auto so that boots it off the skirmish list, you would need to get 3-4 shots at someone to make sure they take their hits, if not - full-auto burst! (excluding bolt-action)

Back on topic, GBBs pistol is perfect. GBBRs needs a bit of tinkering and improvement to replace AEGs on the field.

Comment

i agree, theres nothing better that a decen gbb pistol. gbbrs are abit unreliable, but all that is canseled out by the sheer awesomness of it.
                    Gear and accessors for sale! http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122550

sigpic
                    flame + hairspray = fun

Comment

there's a place and time for both. AEG's outdoors / skirmish, GBB CQB indoors on SEMI only when everyone is on gas is truly awesome :-)

Comment

Until Gas is made more reliable I am sticking to electric rifles. I have TM GBB pistols though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chard84 I ain't got time to bleed! Find out more about Chard84
                        Working...
                        X