purchasing a pulse rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchasing a pulse rifle

Hi i am dead keen on buying a pulse rifle similer to the ones on Aliens.this is wanted only as a wall hanger.as i would not be using it for anything else how would i stand having an airsoft without any working bits or is it only replicas were no form of defence is needed, Hope someone can clarify for me. Many Thanks

Re: purchasing a pulse rifle

Regardless of whether it fires bbs / nothing / bananas if it's a Realistic Imitation Firearm you'll need a defence.

Comment

I am in agreement as above - a RIF requiring a defence does not actually have to fire BB's just look like a real gun. I would argue though that at some point a futuristic weapon stops looking like a real gun and in my opinion a pulse rifle has crossed that line. You could hold up a Post Office with a TM Sig 226 but would they hand over the cash if you went in brandishing a pulse rifle? If you ran down the street with a Cyma AK you would probably get shot by your local ARU, but would you if you did the same with a pulse rifle? Probably not due to it not looking like a real gun (though you would probably get charged with being a pain in the arse).
      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

To Joe Public who wouldn't know an M4 from an M16 though, the pulse rifle could look very realistic (unless they recognise it from the film), and it could be argued that M41 was based on two actual real world weapons. Pretty grey area if you ask me 😐

Comment

I don't think the Pulse Rifle needs defence to buy it. it's not a RIF as there is no real steel equivalent. It was the same for the Magpul FPG, it didn't need a defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty H View Post
            I don't think the Pulse Rifle needs defence to buy it. it's not a RIF as there is no real steel equivalent. It was the same for the Magpul FPG, it didn't need a defence.
            It's a RIF regardless and they do get two toned. Simple google search will show that.

Also: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ne-Pulse-Rifle

Comment

Personally I think pulse rifles just get grouped together as airsoft weapons so just get labelled together with other airsoft weapons as RIF's. I am sure it is down to personal opinion but I would say that a pulse rifle looks so futuristic that the average person would think it was a film prop rather than a real gun.

On a side note - I have never built a pulse rifle - how much of a Thompson is underneath the pulse rifle kit? If basically there is a complete RIF under the skin then it should come into VCRA.
              JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Full Thompson minus the wood stock.

Comment

In that case a defence should be required in my mind - not for the futuristic space gun but for the RIF it contains inside.

Comment

But as it's incomplete as a Thompson, it would be like buying a an upper and lower receiver, and barrel. The grip, stock and foregrip added would constitute a RIF. I would say it's not particularly sci-fi in its appearance, less so than something like the G11, P90 or FN2000. I don't think there's a 'correct' answer as the concept of a RIF, from what I read, is ill-defined and open to interpretation. I know on the RPF there has been talk about the legal implications of building a full-metal non-working replica.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. You can legally buy a de-activated real gun which obviously looks exactly the same as a real gun but can't buy a pulse rifle without a defence. You can also buy an air pistol that looks exactly like a M92F but can't buy a TM M92F without a defence! Unfortunately if someone actually looked at tidying up the laws they would probably just ban everything!
                      Last edited by N_Scooby; 22 September, 2014, 15:39. Reason: M92F is not an Air Rifle!!

Comment

It looks like a gun. End of story. what shape it is/whats inside it/how close we are to pulse rifle technology/What century it was designed in/how much R&D happened before the movie/The Plot of the movie/any other random excuse does not exempt it from looking like something that you could use to shoot at people with.

You'll need a defence unless your favourite colour is orange.

Comment

The thundermaul doesn't require a defence, or so I thought. Wouldn't it be the same for the Pulse Rifle? Or any fiction based airsoft gun for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                            It looks like a gun. End of story. what shape it is/whats inside it/how close we are to pulse rifle technology/What century it was designed in/how much R&D happened before the movie/The Plot of the movie/any other random excuse does not exempt it from looking like something that you could use to shoot at people with.

You'll need a defence unless your favourite colour is orange.
                            Incorrect - You do not need a defence for a Pulse Rifle if it shoots .177 or .22 Air pellets because it is then an Air Rifle and it then has its own set of laws. It could look exactly the same as an airsoft pulse rifle, weigh the same as an airsoft pulse rifle and be constructed of exactly the same materials as an airsoft pulse rifle but if it is of higher power and potential lethal then anybody over the age of 18 could own one - the law is an ass! (but you cannot even try to change it or everything will be banned).

Comment

Thats a little like saying you don't need VCRA Defence to buy a real shotgun even though it looks like a real shotgun. If it's not covered by a other piece of firearms legislation, then no matter what it fires you'd require a defence.

You are of course right, if it was an air rifle you wouldn't need a defence, also if it was a real pulse rifle you wouldn't need one either. But it's not!

So in this case unless he does turn it into an air rifle, he'll need a defense.

But yeah the law is an ass!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sproat Find out more about sproat
                              Working...
                              X