Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Airsoft Famas? More than one manufacturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Famas? More than one manufacturer?

Hey everyone. I recently bought a F2000 by G&G and I love the bullpup design so mucb that I want more of it. I'm now looking for a FAMAS, maybe to mod into DMR status, but the only one I know of is by Cybergun, of which, most of it's construction is plastic, which I don't like at all. Also the gearbox is an antique compared to everything else I own. Well that's my reasons so, any help here guys?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Re: Airsoft Famas? More than one manufacturer?

Marui famously did one. I have just sold mine. The F1 was very creaky plastic externals but shot well. In terms of the gearbox, yes it is old. While there is a fair bit of cross compatibility in parts for repairs, the big drawback was the unique motor, for which there are no upgrade options available (to my knowledge, and I did look pretty hard). This puts a fairly big barrier to upgrading which is the trigger response/ROF, which is pretty poor by the standards of more modern guns, and for more FPS you'd have to go with veeerrrrrryyyyy loooooooooooow raaaaatioooooo geeeeeeaaaaaar in order to pull a bigger spring.

For response you could try a pre-cocking "mosfet". But I bought my famas with similar ideas and after hitting these obstacles it sat in my collection for a couple of years doing nothing until I sold it.

TL;DR It really only exists for people who specifically want a Famas replica to go with a loadout, or people who pick it up second hand cheap as a not terrible first gun. It doesn't stack up performance-wise with newer guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Other bullpup options: -
    Tavor (looks nice, but not an easy gun to work with for upgrades)
    Haphaestus HT-14 (Ugly Ugly Ugly, almost so ugly is beautiful, but not quite)

Comment

Yeah Ares and S&T are notoriously awful manufacturers, I really want a Tavor too... when TM eventually make an adult size recoil shock one I'll pick it up.

Yeah the HT-14 is super ugly. But I think that about most russian weapons.

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by amy.payne.188 View Post
        S&T are notoriously awful manufacturers
        Their TAR-21 may be but as a manufacturer they are not awful. Ares on the other hand... yeah. Wouldn't run a stock Ares, put it that way.

Comment

have you looked at a Real sword Type 97? excellent quality
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
            have you looked at a Real sword Type 97? excellent quality
            As long as you don't mind totally taking it apart each time you want to put in or remove the battery. Would still be tempted myself though if I didn't already have too many guns and mainly use my G5

Comment

Y&P also made them, though the Marui was still better. If you rule out the externals, the Marui is a great base to work with and is seriously under estimated.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

Seeing as it was pretty much Genesis for AEGs (as in the bible, not the band) and has technology dating back to 1991 there isn't really much to recommend the TM FAMAS for other than novelty or nostalgia.

If you want a good quality bullpup AEG you may struggle, AUGs of the Classic Army variety are the best made but not readily available new, you have the APS UAR which is an acquired taste.

In fact the only decent one to speak of it the ICS L85 but even that has it's issues.

We want more high quality bullpup AEGs!
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I handled someone's APS AUG at the weekend. It felt pretty good quality, no creams, shot well and had a nice clear x4 optic on it. Tempted myself! Fire grip is wobbly, but that's an issue on all AUG RIFs as far as I know.

Comment

Off topic a bit, but I find bullpup really doesn't work with my orang-utan arms, I feel totally mongtarded trying to shoot with one. Any guys out there with a longer reach find a bullpup setup that they are comfortable with?

Comment

I've got short arms, and having trained in the L85 it just seems second nature.

Comment

Without trying to sound sexist, and guessing you're one of these very rare creatures known as a female airsofter, and if you've ever heard of, or played MGS1/4 (Metal Gear Solid 1 or 4), you could get a FAMAS, plus a desert eagle, and perhaps put a Meryl kit together, after all, one of the best parts of the hobby, is putting a unique/hardly seen loadout together, and having a blast

Just a suggestion, but otherwise, there's a few manufacturers that make a FAMAS, might be best to get a TM one, if the old creaky plastic won't put you off, I know I'd like to get one for my collection, to go with my TM PSG-1.
                        Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Well most of them are TM clones anyway. Are the real ones made of fibreglass or something?

Sent from a phone because I cba to fire up my poota.
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

ABS Olphy

Comment

Negatory. TM's are made of fairy dust and unicorn poop.
                              Upcoming Games:
                              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amy.payne.188 Find out more about amy.payne.188
                              Working...
                              X