mystery boxes (dont judge me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery boxes (dont judge me)

Ok, now I've seen a lot of mystery box opening blah on YouTube, tbh I like the look of them, I'm looking for a new gbb pistol + kit, a 100 dollar mystery box covers this and my thinking us they put "airsoft mystery box" but do not list the contents, will I have to go through the same crap I normally do (declaring ukara, pay the tax on it, pre warning the airport, ridicules shipping charge) or will it just be like ordering kit from say airsoft copy club? Bit stuck here guys n gals

Re: mystery boxes (dont judge me)

If a box has a RIF in it... it has a RIF in it. The rules don't change.

If you're importing I don't see any need to warn anybody ahead of time though, I've never done that. Assuming you're buying this from America, I can't see any way of declaring the correct value to customs in order for them to process and release your goods. Not that they know what stuff is worth but that's the 'by the book' answer. Have you checked the store in question actually exports? A lot of them don't.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

whats more, the only US retailers I've seen advertise this (and I'm not saying its all of them who do mystery boxes!!) DONT ship to the UK. So as far as I've always been concerned/aware, its a pointless problem i don't have to worry about.

I can see the appeal in them to some people, but IMO its only those who have a sizeable chunk of disposable income to spare who would really got for these, certainly the higher priced ones. Sure, you always get at least the value of the box, but still, your paying money for bits you might not actually need, on the off chance you might get a nice gun? (and even then, it might not even be one you like!) I just don't see the logic for the most part
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

They're a complete waste of money. Retailers fill maybe 5% of the boxes with something desirable, and the rest are filled with gats that no one wants. Selling them as mystery boxes is the only way they can shift them.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
          Retailers fill maybe 5% of the boxes with something desirable, and the rest are filled with gats that no one wants.
          Case in point. Theoretically, you could win big; practically, you will receive a nasty ACM product at a tiny discount. I don't understand the appeal of these things. One of the US sites is running a 92-box promotion at $250 per box; that's $23,000 of income. In return they offer you a 1-in-92 chance of winning a Polar*'d SOCOM Gear Barret, and a 92-in-92 chance of receiving something that the shop wants to get rid of quickly.

Either way, if the package has a RIF in it, it is liable to be detained by Border Force unless it has your UKARA number on the outside, or (if it doesn't) until you can supply details of your defence and they confirm it. You are still liable for import duties and handling charges either way. What you're going talking about 'pre-warning the airport' I don't know, but I've never even heard of anyone else doing it so I should think you can probably skip that step.
          Last edited by PureSilver; 30 September, 2014, 00:35.

Comment

If you can get a company to ship to the UK the rest is easy, if it contains a RIF you decade it as such, they don't care what rif it is as for value, list what you paid. You will have an invoice to back it up.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Charlieb3k i wana be a ghostbuster Find out more about Charlieb3k
            Working...
            X