Time for a chat about WE pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a chat about WE pistols

Right, well seeing as I now have cash, live near a variety of sites and have that stupid retailer cash cow of a defence I am looking at reviving my WE testing.

Now through this I plan to do two things:

1. Provide a blow by blow of running a modern, compact WE pistol and see how it last through normal shooting conditions, but doing it on a constant and regular basis.

2. To change my perception of WE pistols based on a life-time of avoiding them due to their older and much more inferior models.

However before I begin I would like to find a few things out from other WE users:

Excluding the M9, Hi-Capa and 1911 series of WE pistols (the more checkered part of the WE line up) what guns have you had break on you?

This I would like to know so I can guage what pistols would be good for the test as I want something with a chance of lasting enough to make this worthwhile while also being a pistol I can take to games with me and find a use for.

So essentially I am just after any pitfall or traps people have noted (the poor QC on the likes of the M&P for example) before buying something to start the test with. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Re: Time for a chat about WE pistols

Didn't break as such... Just didn't work very well...

WE F226. Mine never managed to fire more than four shots without venting.

It went to a new home, and they haven't complained, so... I guess they fixed it.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Comment

Haha so much for me finding nothing but good news in the P22X series :p.

Though I am narrowing it down to a few designs to see what one is best to choose.

'FireKnife'
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

P228/9. The only problem with mine was caused by KJW mags. Other than that it's a good little performer.

Also worth testing 2 types, plastic framed, and metal frames

Comment

That will be budget based but I am sure I can stretch to that once my TM 1911 and Maruzen PPK/S go.

Also looking at doing a video review too of each month or three depending what resources are available to me.

'FireKnife'

Comment

Had the hammer snap on a WE G18 Gen4. After about 10+ mags though at its first use at Copehill.

Comment

Their G19 Gen 4, G26 Gen 3 and G17 Gen 4 have been very reliable for me, well, the G19 had small cracks form around the ejection port, it still fired well nonetheless.

Comment

G32 good no problems. Only problem with WE is getting holsters to fit especially serpa.
                Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

I think the WE TT33 is a great little gun. Very happy with mine so far, can't recommend it enough for the price, Also happy with my Hi Power but it isn't a great performer, a bit 'sloppy' and the finish is nowhere near as nice as the Tokarev.
                  Last edited by bob86; 8 October, 2014, 20:13.

Comment

I have been tempted by the Tokarev, particularly as I like old fashioned pistols.

Though the fact it has that stupid safety is annoying. If only it was down for safe rather than up and then I would catch it with my thumb resting on the gun and knock it off.

'FireKnife'

Comment

Take off the grip panel, and it simply falls out. Only a tiny open slit left in the grip, so it's not an issue for me. Replacement grips would cover any trace of a safety being there, not sure what grips fit though. I took it off the second I got it out of the box, as you said it is very easy to activate unintentionally. I have a review here if you're interested:

I rate it above the KWA and SRC versions.

Comment

Hmm, good to know. Given that as much as I see the point in a safety it does feel odd on a gun that was meant to be drawn, racked and fired as putting a safety in the design would have been too time consuming anyway :p.

Either way it is on my list but I 1: have pistol to sell first and 2: I can get certain models from my local store without issue and a warranty in case they go tits up way too quickly.

'FireKnife'

Comment

Automatic glock models.
                          The nozzles are shite
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Not surprised there at all, never seen one of them do well.

Plus I like to avoid automatic, isn't useful on a GBB pistol and many sites I play prefer you to use semi up close or when indoors.

'FireKnife'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireKnife Huge Resi Fan Find out more about FireKnife
                            Working...
                            X