Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM16 Raider questions

Hey guys,

As you have probably guessed by the title, I am a fairly new player in airsoft, and like almost every newbie (it seems), I bought a CM16 for my first gun in luxurious two-tone green. More specifically, I have the short-barrelled raider version (so not the L version of the raider), and now that I'm starting to really enjoy the sport I'd like to modify it to fit my playstyle and setting.

To start, I'm going to try and replace the RIS and outer barrel (to get rid of the two-tone once I get my ukara and also that god-dam foresight), and need to know a few things.

INFO: as I understand it, if I can find a standard delta ring and then an RIS and outer barrel that work with a standard delta ring this shouldn't be hard, right?

1) I realise the CM16 has an unusual delta ring. If I'm going to replace this so that I can mount another RIS and barrel, do I need to do anything other than just buy a standard delta ring and swap it out for the G&G one? Is there anything that would prevent this from working? I don't fully understand delta rings so any help would be appreciated.

2) Will basically any 9.5-10.5" outer barrel assembly work? Or are there different mounting systems as it were?

3) With the RIS, is there anything that needs to change for me to mount it other than the delta ring?

Cheers guys and sorry for the jumbled wordiness, I'm pretty feckin' tired

Re: CM16 Raider questions

it's a shame no one has replied

it's also a shame I don't know the answer sorry!!

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Hi Buddy,

I grabbed one of these a while ago as a backup.

To answer your questions.

1) any delta ring should do, avoid G&P as I believe they may have a different thread pitch.

2) most aeg spec putter barrels should be fine, depending on the RIS you get. If you want a standard RIS then you'll need one with the correct cut outs to fit on a gas block. If you go for a free float rail, you can get away with most barrels.

3) again this dependens entirely on the RIS, free float ones usually come with their own nut/bolt. If you go for a normal style ris, then so long as you got a gas block and the plate, you should be fine.

Hope it helps
      The clown has no penis

Comment

Would a replica La Rue 12 inch rail fit?

Comment

Yer it should fit fine, outer barrel wise anything would be fine as well
          The clown has no penis

Comment

Originally posted by bobfish View Post
            it's a shame no one has replied

it's also a shame I don't know the answer sorry!!
            haha well thanks for getting things moving

- - - Updated - - -

ah thanks for the help guys, answers all my questions

I'll go ahead and order some pieces then when I have the money!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Repperz Find out more about Repperz
            Working...
            X